·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol,i guess.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Guys like him do more damage to the protection of the 2nd Amendment than most anti-gun groups could ever hope to...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I can't get the video to load in full for some reason. But having only seen 20 seconds up front, I'll say this for now-
"It is the spirit and not the form of the law that keeps justice alive."
-14th Chief Justice Earl Warren, U.S. Supreme Court

I've always been told that a long gun is an offensive weapon whereas a pistol is a defensive weapon. This may be beyond the spirit of the laws that we all cherish even if it is within the form of those laws. And I agree that it hurts those of us fighting for fair, common-sense based 2nd Amendment laws.

When carrying in any way, just use your head. This guy, it seems was looking for a reaction from the public and possibly law enforcement. I'm sure if I were able to watch the whole thing I'd see just that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pretty much that is what he is doing. I stopped watching after having to stare at the damn ground while he is walking for an extended amount of time.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Okay, I got it working. Police handled it right. And this guy is an idiot if he is trying to deny that he's aiming to prove a point by doing this.

As far as his CCW being denied for "no reason," I know he said it's under appeal, but if it's like West Virginia, no Sheriff can deny a CCW applicant without a valid legal reason. So someone's full of shit.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Its not like he was carrying a hunting rifle. So yeah carrying a rifle designed for doing a volume of damage is pushing the limits.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Open carry has always been more about the first amendment than second. First amendment advocates almost always seem more obnoxious than they should. Unfortunately, open carry is all we got in California since most of our counties are really restrictive with the CCW.

A bloody shame, cause I think the Founders would be flipping in their graves if they saw the right to keep and bear arms being infringed every single day by the ATF, much less the clear violation the NFA, GCA, and Hughes Amendments are.

·
Registered
109 Posts
For years now people have not seen law abiding non police walking around with firearms openly. Why? Because people did not exercise that right. So once more people do it and then communities start to see it much more often then they do not over react. Where I live drug sales openly on the corners are going on 24-7 and people here just walk around the drug dealers. They are used to it and rarely report it to the Police. It is actually funny how in this time and age a law abiding citizen and his rights are questioned and then drug selling is accepted. Ofcourse to CLARIFY my statement so as not to offend any little groups here; what I mean is depending upon your geographical location is in the United States of America.

Please if anyone feels that my opinion here upsets them or they disagree with my feelings or observations or they see there is a pattern to my posts or what I respond to already posted then I will remove this since I may not have the popular opinion. Feel free to make threats against me because that is allowed.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Aactually, for once, I agree with you

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

·
Registered
34 Posts
perfect example of being" given an inch and taking a mile". yes hes authorized to do this, but at what point are you going to stop and think and be considerate of others. y doesnt he inform his fellow citizens in another manner? my $.02

·
Registered
109 Posts
It seems there are more restrictions on handguns due to the fact that they are very easily concealable. Is it not true that it is easier to purchase a longarm? My son cannot own a handgun but can own a ak47 at 18 years old? So what is worst? Walking around with an AK47 that everyone can see you or having a pocket pistol concealed in your coat or pocket? If someone is in compliance with the law then I do not see why he needs to be considerate by touting. I have a gun, I have a permit. What do people need to do send out flyers or wear a "gun permit T shirt"? Actually I should not have said that because the majority of drug dealers do wear similar clothes and act a certain way that eveyone can tell who they are. Okay I give up. Standard disclaimer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts