ACR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...hey guys got a question about the one-handed malfunction drill with the acr...usually you can "tap, rack, bang" with one hand using your knee to tap and then clasp the ar between your knees to pull the charging handle...then re-grip and bang...but one problem i've found is because of the forward mounting of the charging handle, your knees usually cover it, unless you pinch it with the couple inches left before the barrel... and then it's really not a solid or reliable way IMO, because sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't...i tried to twist it and pinch it sideways...not much better...i also tried a few pulls with the rifle hanging from my sling but it's still give or take trying to find a wedge(shoulder, chest, face :)) ) to add resistance for the charging handle to go all the way back...i've found 1 or 2 techniques that work alright, but i was wondering if y'all have any suggestions.... thanks guys...

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Keep the ACR shouldered and use whatever piece of cover you a behind; wall, whatever, and lean into the rifle causing the charging to rack on your cover. If need be, you cna use your one good hand to clear out whatever you got going on.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...thanks man, didn't even cross my mind to use handgun manipulations...now i'm off to see if i can use my belt, rig, and leg to charge it...without sweeping myself of course...thanks again for the ideas....the acr is pretty unique so its going to take a little more play time to master it...

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I was doing one handed manipulations as well last week and put the ACR between my legs just below the knees and had enough room to rack the charging handle.

DSM - Nice tip on using other objects to rack the charging handle. I'll try practicing that next.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...well man i'm 6ft 3 170whatever...and me trying to do the "pinch" with...well, picture picking up a piece of rice with chopsticks...doable?... yes....consistent?... :)) maybe if i buy some skinny jeans....

...i'm just saying there has got to be a better way...4inches that's what you got and that's running a acr slick... what about lights and lasers which usually mount on that sacred 4inches?...knee pads compound the technique's difficulty...it's so close even if you can get your hand on the charging handle it may hit your knee on the way back stopping the bolt from going fully into battery...this also goes for the one-handed double feed...doing it real life quick while trying to keep eyes on the threat...4inches... i'm just saying...hahaaa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts