ACR Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
do you think that I will save money by buying the whole kit vs buying each individually? I like it except for the pouch, seems really long. seems like it has all the essentials though

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The pouch i posted is the the size of a mag pouch

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
do you think that I will save money by buying the whole kit vs buying each individually? I like it except for the pouch, seems really long. seems like it has all the essentials though
It's a VERY compact kit- it might look long since it is much narrower than most.

GTG

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
That pouch is designed for that kit and with self aid in mind.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I've been itching to get the Dark Angel kit... am I understanding you leave it all sealed up until ready to use?

Two reasons: I'm thinking of doing it on the cheap (getting the pouch and shears now and using some of my old IFAK components in it, but thinking that might not working without being in a compact vac sealed form?) and getting an insert later... and besides, the second reason: full kit and inserts seem to be sold out all the time...

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Do you know anyone with a foodsaver? Pack whatever you need/want and foodsaver it up.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I've been itching to get the Dark Angel kit... am I understanding you leave it all sealed up until ready to use?

Two reasons: I'm thinking of doing it on the cheap (getting the pouch and shears now and using some of my old IFAK components in it, but thinking that might not working without being in a compact vac sealed form?) and getting an insert later... and besides, the second reason: full kit and inserts seem to be sold out all the time...
I have the dark angel. Amazing turns out the ownes family and my family are friends

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Do you know anyone with a foodsaver? Pack whatever you need/want and foodsaver it up.
Is that the home food vaccuum system

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Is that the home food vaccuum system

Yep. A little off topic but I think anyone that's been in the service can appreciate packing their junk into ziploc bags, sitting on them to get the air out and then zipping them up to save space. Some years back my wife had to overnight on a training flight due to weather for the first time in ever so she never packed for it. She thought it was funny at first but I got an essentials kit and a basic change of clothes into a pouch the size of an MRE using a foodsaver.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts