ACR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a little FYI to anyone thinking about buying an ACR...

I just recieved my basic ACR a month ago for $1900 and love it. The S/N is low 19xx. No loose barrel, No barrel timing issues with the take down lever, No slam fires, No loose screws, No malfunctions of any kind, NO regrets.

The rifle did come with I think is all the new upgrades from BM:
- Titanium firing pin
- New gas reg.

The gas reg looks to be the one with a smaller hole on the "U" side although I don't have any means to measure. It is still labled U/S, but has a rounded front instead of the earlier angled look.

I fired 100 rounds of .223 55 grn and 100 rounds of 5.56 55 grn xm193 with absolutely no problems. The bolt head looks almost unfired. The fit and finish of the rifle is top notch. I have used pmags and HK mags with this rifle without an issue. Both types of mags do fit a little loose though, but did not affect reliability and locked open on every last round.

I was just getting bored of the AR platform and wanted something a little more exotic. Hell, I didn't even have the cash, had to put it on credit. My wife actually talked me into buying one. Oh one last thing, I am NOT a SCAR, AR hater/lover anything. Both platforms are great and will do just fine in 2012, just keep an open mind...

Hope this helps anyone thinking about buying an ACR even though my round count is low for this review.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Thanks for passing on your observations. The rifle should serve you well and has lot of potential.

Have fun!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Collector619,

Glad you like your new ACR.
I just purchased one last week. I plan on getting to the range soon to give it a try.

My question for you is : Are there any more at home like your wife ?

I am not married, but would love to have a wife that supports my passion as yours does. You are a very lucky man !

Fenrir17

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Creeper /\

i glad you enjoy your new weapon. welcome to the group

·
Registered
78 Posts
congrats and thnx for sharing. it's cool to see your wife is down. my wife is the same way. super supportive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts