ACR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The SD line is apparently replacing the Sigma. Looks good. And with a dealer price of $350, they should cost under $400 give or take

S&W SD40, SKU: 220400
Action: Striker Fired Action
Barrel Length: 4” (10.2 cm)
Front Sight: Tritium Night Sight
Rear Sight: Steel Fixed 2-Dot
Overall Length: 7.2” (18.3 cm)
Width: 1.29” (3.3 cm)
Weight: 22.7 oz. (643.0 g)
Grip: Textured Polymer
Frame Material: Polymer
Slide Material: Stainless Steel
Barrel Material: Stainless Steel
Finish: Black Melonite®

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
:-\

Hmmmmm, with all the problems the original Sigma line had, I wounder if they have migrated to using some M&P parts or if its still all Sigma inside.

Great concept, especially if the night sights are included for that base price. (I doubt it)

Owell, time will tell

·
Registered
36 Posts
DSC01413.jpg DSC01414.jpg DSC01416.jpg

I picked one up in a trade and was pleasantly surprised with it. I am not a Sigma fan in any way shape or form so I was a bit skeptical at first. The SD uses the same lower (just redesigned for the best) and the basically the same mags +1 more round for 9mm but you can still use Sigma mags if you have any or can pick them up cheaply. The slide has been redesigned and uses an M&P rear sight but cut for one handed reloads if needed unlike the M&P. Has a tritium front sight standard and is a pretty good point and shoot pistol with a decent height over bore ratio.
My biggest concern before I handled it was the trigger, due to the Sigmas being a POS at around 10 lbs and long. The SD came out of the box at about 8lbs and pretty grainy but after about 50 or so dry fires it settled at around 7lbs and pretty crisp the reset is about the same as an M&P. Taking it out it took about one mag to get used to the trigger and then it was dead on, no sight adjustments needed. The recoil is very low for a medium frame pistol in 9mm. The front serrations come in real handy for press checks and it will fit into a Glock holster if needed. I stippled the grip for extra texture, but nothing too extreme.
Overall for $400 it is a good pistol, If you can afford another $150 I would go with the M&P, but some people do not have the option to do so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts