ACR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new ACR a couple of weeks ago.. Today while installing an after market trigger, I realized it is much different than my first ACR. There is an Allen screw on both sides. one has to be removed to take out the trigger pack. the levers are plastic but the shaft is made of aluminum or some kind of metal..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
Its the new generation rifle. It has a battlearms style safety. I sell them for the older rifles with genuine battlearms levers.

Here?s a pic of the new safeties with the bad levers, they are drop in with the old detent.

ETA. Your rifle probably has a 1/7 twist barrel too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'm digging the new BAD safety selectors I got from you Bigdog. Good stuff! BTW, is that the new Trijicon 1-8 AccuPower scope in that photo?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I asked BAD a couple years ago if they had any interest in making ACR selectors.

The one I envisioned had the modularity and ambi feature but had the lever set at slightly above horizontal when on safe. The selector would then be slightly shy of vertical when on fire.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
I'm digging the new BAD safety selectors I got from you Bigdog. Good stuff! BTW, is that the new Trijicon 1-8 AccuPower scope in that photo?
Honestly, I didnt like mine that much when I got them but they grew on me really fast. Every rifle I have now has them.

And yes that?s the accupoint 1-8. I love it, it?s really clear and the clicks are very nice. It has a green mil reticle in it.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
And yes that?s the accupoint 1-8. I love it, it?s really clear and the clicks are very nice. It has a green mil reticle in it.
I have its little brother, the AccuPower 1-4x with the segmented semi-circle and BDC reticle on my 18" FN-barreled AR-15 and I love it. I'm thinking one of these 1-8x AccuPowers and an 18" barrel on my ACR would be a really nice combo. Maybe next year!

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
Let me know and I?ll see what I can do on them. I got mine through work. It makes a great Dmr scope. Combined with the Dmr stock, it makes a really good setup.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the original polymer safety lever on mine; interested in replacing it with something more robust (ie metal). I had one side break off and get lost before - BM had to pull a black set (my ACR is Coyote) from production to send as a replacement. This makes me not want to trust the ACR as my go-to rifle - too hard to get parts. If I could get an oops kit, spare barrel, spare bolt, gas regulator, etc. I might be more willing to switch back from my Bushy AR to the ACR.

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
I can get anything minus the regulator itself. Those are backordered really bad. I've been tearing them off of assembled barrels to get them for new builds. I do have a spare brand new 14.5" barrel that will be on the for sale boards pretty soon

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was able to get the new gen3 safety selector within a few days by calling Bushmaster. Cost just shy of $40 for the core, levers, and screws, and I do like the new levers much better. Midwest Industries is also producing aluminum levers if you get the new core.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was able to get the new gen3 safety selector within a few days by calling Bushmaster. Cost just shy of $40 for the core, levers, and screws, and I do like the new levers much better. Midwest Industries is also producing aluminum levers if you get the new core.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm not familiar with this new 3gun selector. Can anyone post a pic?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good to know 3mboli! Can you post the part numbers?
Part numbers:

F410206 - ACR SAFETY (core)
F410463 - ACR SELECTOR PADDLE, POLYMER (need 2)
F410734 - SCREW, SCFH, 6-32 x .3125 (need 2)

I didn’t have part numbers when I ordered. I just asked for the ACR Gen3 Safety Selector components. They shipped within a couple days.

Notice: they do not provide the allen wrench with the screws. Thankfully, I just happened to have one that fit. Not exactly sure what size it is.

Also, my ACR is in the ACRDxxxxxx serial number series. The first rep that I asked about the parts before ordering seemed to indicate that it may not work in Gen1 rifles. I cannot confirm for certain, however.

Took me about 2 min to swap out, and function checked dozens of times flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
No. I’m using factory cores for now. I have to think on how to do the 55 degree selectors because it’s a liability issue if a rifle fires when it’s not actually on fire.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts