ACR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just picked up my coyote tan acr basic today, i have a question i hope you guys can sort out for me. The gun looks nothing like on the bushmaster sight, its more brown than that bright tan u see on there sight. My question is that i wanted to order some accessories for it and wasnt sure if i should go with od green or dark earth color for the magpul mags and also there is a sling i want and they have it in a coyote tan but it looks way to bright to match the darkish brown color of my gun?

·
Registered
610 Posts
All the coyote ACR's are just that, coyote brown. Its a richer darker brown than fde. Fde is more of a light sandy brown and of course od is green. With that said I have fde on my ACR and it looks quite good with the coyote brown. If you look into the picture gallery threads on this site there are some ACR's including mine with fde Magpul accessories to get an idea.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Generally, USMC Coyote stuff goes perfect with it. My Interceptor OTV is almost a perfect match, as is my USMC chest rig (and so were my Eagle and ILBE pouches I was using before the rig). Don't just go by "Coyote" because some guys use "Coyote Tan" instead of "Coyote Brown." The two are different. The tans are closer to the "Flat Dark Earth" Magpul and some others put out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if I get some magpul accessories like the vertical rail grip, the closest match would be to get the fde over the od green

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Closest match is Flat Dark Earth. OD green is a very dark green. Next closest color to FDE would be Foliage from magpul but that is more of a light gray/green. The FDE will be lighter than the ACR. The Mapgul sling will be in between FDE and the ACR color.

I think a little mismatch is good because it breaks up the outline of the rifle more.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts