ACR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have everything installed on my Bog but ran into a problem with the hinge. I did a trade for the ACR and purchased the Haga adapter. Figured the bolt or hinge pin would be included. I've looked around and can't seem to find where to buy it.
At least I think I need a hinge pin as there is no threads like the SB tactical brace. Am I correct I would need a pin and then use a hammer and punch to install? I added a couple pics. Thank you in advance for your help.

1.jpg
thumbnail (1).jpg

·
Registered
488 Posts
The ACR stock also has a spring that goes in the hinge, and I've removed and installed the hinge pin using a punch and hammer before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ACR stock also has a spring that goes in the hinge, and I've removed and installed the hinge pin using a punch and hammer before.
That's some good info. Any idea where I can purchase the pin & spring? I cannot seem to find any sites that carry them.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Maybe use a pin gauge to determine diameter then have a machine shop cut something down for you from bar stock? Milling a new pin shouldn't be difficult. The spring on the the other hand might be more tricky to source.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
488 Posts
Keep an eye out here, other forums, and auction sites for spare parts. People experiment all the time with the ACR stock and left over parts can go up for sale.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I knew how hard it would be to find spare parts I wouldn't have gotten this stock.
Amazing the lack of parts and info on this topic.
Having a machine shop make one is kinda ridiculous.
You'd think a stock as popular as the ACR there would be a plethora of parts.
Thank you all for taking the time to comment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts