ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering trying to trade/sell my PS-90 to try and get an ACR but I'm still not 100% sure I want too so I charge you with convincing me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I'm currently stationed at Ft. Riley Kansas and I was wondering if anyone knew somewhere nearby that carried the ACR as I would like to hold one as I'm sure it would sell itself to me but until i hold it there is always doubt and doubt is a big factor with a $2000 rifle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You will not be disappointed with the ACR. I bought mine from www.jetguns.com after months of research and comparison with the SCAR and XCR. It is far superior to the PS90 in many ways, but can never compare with the P90 in weight and length. I'm sure others will tell you the same thing. They have a Basic ACR at Cabela's in KCK(I know it is a little bit of a haul from Ft. Riley), but obviously don't buy from them. They are still trying to sell it for the 2010 launch price of $2700 or $2800.

http://http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=28&t=201052

·
Registered
55 Posts
Why sell the PS90? They are different purpose guns IMO. I like my PS90 for what it is and what it does. Just add an ACR to your "collection" like I did... :)

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
if i had to chose one i'd go with an acr, the p90 is nice, but ammo is very plentiful for the acr, (at least where i am i cant buy 5.7 ammo off the shelves) the biggest factor you will have to consider imo is the weight and oal

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol if both becomes an option (and I'm trying to convince my wife that it is) it will be the way to go I didnt think Cabellas carried anything from bushmaster ill have to check that out thanks.

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
if i had to chose one i'd go with an acr, the p90 is nice, but ammo is very plentiful for the acr, (at least where i am i cant buy 5.7 ammo off the shelves) the biggest factor you will have to consider imo is the weight and oal
He nailed it. If you absolutely have to pick or the other, I'd go with the ACR hands down. Ammo is too specific for the P90 and I'd prefer something I can get just about anywhere. I think the ACR would be more versatile as well. Case in point, my buddy and I were going to the range and he brought his Glock 33 (.357Sig). The range just so happened to be out so we ran out to a local Walmart.

Fat chance. Guess we're shooting my 9mm's and .45.

·
Registered
55 Posts
While I agree that .223 is easier to find at local shops and stores. Isn't having enough ammo for a day at the range part of proper planning? Just sayin'

IMO, if I only had to have one or the other, I too would pick the ACR. Its more versatile. But I wouldn't make availability of ammo locally a discriminator. As a matter of fact, about a year ago, when .223 was really expensive and in short supply, 5.7 was not. It was the same price (yeah, its higher) but I could easily buy anywheres from 50 rounds to 4000...

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
If you want just enough ammo for a day at the range, that is your prerogitive and you are more than welcome to it. Personally I prefer to have enough in case something bad happens. If it does, what are the chances of you finding 5.7ammo? If it's REALLY bad, what are the chances of finding 5.56?

I hate to sound like I'm hoarding a stockpile, waiting for Skynet to become self-aware. I'd just rather be prepared just in case. On a more realistic scenario, Katrina happens again and somebody
has to defend their family/home.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
If it's a case of either/or then I'd say ACR too. Big surprise from the ACR forum, huh? ;) Seriously though, the ACR is capable of doing all the things the PS90 can do quite well, and a few that the PS90 doesn't do very well. If you SBR it then it makes it even better w/o sacrificing much of the rifle's usable range.

But, if you can swing both, then why not? While we're heading over to Francis' house when Skynet becomes self aware you'll have another shooter to hand off to family or a buddy. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know they are having trouble releasing the 6.8 and 7.62x39 conversion kits and we may never see them at this point, but I would like to request a Phased Plasma Conversion in the 40 Watt Range. You know, for Post Judgement Day.

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
If it's a case of either/or then I'd say ACR too. Big surprise from the ACR forum, huh? ;) Seriously though, the ACR is capable of doing all the things the PS90 can do quite well, and a few that the PS90 doesn't do very well. If you SBR it then it makes it even better w/o sacrificing much of the rifle's usable range.

But, if you can swing both, then why not? While we're heading over to Francis' house when Skynet becomes self aware you'll have another shooter to hand off to family or a buddy. :D
I need to come home and find a house first brother! Oh, by the way, while I do my cardio I'm listening to the Audiobook of the book you suggested. The Zombie one. Not too bad.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
That book made it around the office in about a week. Nobody could put it down once they started reading it.

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
I read that one as well. I believe it's either Beyond Exile or Day By Day Armageddon.

Anyway, my vote is still with the ACR unless you can talk the missus into both.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I drove up to KC Cabella's today and waited a better part of an hour to hold Both versions there and I must have one.
Thats how it all started with me. Put the thing up to my shoulder and 30 mins later I was the proud owner of 1. They are nice rifles, they have lots of potential. The neat thing is, they shoot well!! Sooner or later you will join the "dark side" :) I'm glad I did!!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Proper wrench and something to secure the barrel, not hard at all. Just make sure you get a new crush washer if the new hider needs one for timing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts