ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you XCR users. What is the pros and cons of the XCR? Any known issues?

TIA

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I've got a thread on here somewheres with some stuff. And I think there was another really good thread comparing the XCR to a couple other rifles. Hold on...

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
The big thing is do NOT go direct with RobArm. Go through Kermit and he'll set you straight.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Robinson site sucks. Does Kermit have a better one?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
No, not really. Mostly just e-mail for him.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
What's remains true from that other thread is the XCR still beats the ACR in being able to get spares and caliber conversions. They've also done some custom barreling projects too.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Everything DSM said.

Kermit is the way to go for all your XCR needs. Easy to deal with, fast shipping and has loads of very useful info to pass on.

Oh BTW, The XCR is a very nice rifle, I would buy one again.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everything DSM said.

Kermit is the way to go for all your XCR needs. Easy to deal with, fast shipping and has loads of very useful info to pass on.

Oh BTW, The XCR is a very nice rifle, I would buy one again.
Would you buy the ACR again?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
What kind of $ is the XCR selling for?
I have seen a few used ones sub 1k range, average seems about $1100 - $1300. (with stuff) Basic new ones are just under $1600, more as you add stuff or customize it.

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
Anyone have contact info fro Kermit? I think I want to buy an XCR...
I think this is it

Kermit Zahm
Wild Thang Farms
3150 Fuller Road
Emmett, ID 83617-9158
(208) 365-6582

The ACR still doesn't have factory SBR barrels, and I will stand by my vow to never buy another carbine that can't be SBR'ed with easily accessible factory parts. As a result, I may get another XCR soon.

I don't know what is taking Bushmaster so long with the barrels.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I think this is it

Kermit Zahm
Wild Thang Farms
3150 Fuller Road
Emmett, ID 83617-9158
(208) 365-6582

Only thing to add is Kermit's cell phone number 208-869-1616 and email: frgprnz (at) outdrs.com

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Hey VB3,

Are you adding one to the stable or just replacing one?

Just curious......

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
Hey VB3,

Are you adding one to the stable or just replacing one?

Just curious......
Both actually.

Both of my XCR's were on the old side, so I sold one off with the intention on getting a newer model, with mini length upper and mil-spec rail (as opposed to relief cut rail).

Mind you, I never had a major issue with my XCR, but overall, I'd say they are more refined now than they have been in the past.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Nice!

My copy has the mil spec rails and I have to say it has been almost flawless. (Had a minor problem with bolt hold open) I'm also optimistic now that the 16" 1/7 twist barrels are starting appear as well as the 5.45 conversion. I hope the trend continues........(I really want a 300 BLK barrel and .22lr conversion,,just thinking outloud :) )

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
I bought one in 2007. We took it on a training trip to Nevada and ran 1000+ Green tip rounds through as quick as 3 guys could with 3 full mags a pop. We had quite a few light strikes that were easily cleared with the charging handle. We also had quite a few issues with the trigger hanging up and not releasing. I polished the trigger and fixed it from hanging up, but by then I had a bad taste in my mouth, and ended up selling it for what I paid for it. I actually sold it to buy the Masada.

I'd give it a pass, but that's just me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts