ACR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ACR1.jpg ACR2.jpg

I've only put 350 rounds through it, mostly 62g Fiocchi...

But, between work and single digit temps, I haven't had time to get back to the range. So, I sit, looking at it longingly...

I started messing around with it, and kinda got a good scheme that matches up with Multicam pretty well.

I was trying out Magpul's AFG and the RVG, trying to decide which one I liked better, when I happend to put both on. It provides alot more stability than either one on their own would, and is reminiscent of the FN P90.

This is what I've got until I don't have to dress like a Eskimo to go shoot.

Questions/Comments welcome

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Did the butt stock come that color or did you change it? Never seen a multi-colored stock come from the factory like that. Usually the unit is one color. Kinda neat looking.

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
^ was just thinking the same thing... i'd be rocking the afg2 but it took up too much rail space, i wanted to have the ability to put on my bipod for zeroing, without removing anything

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RIT dye on stocks?
Or, I am guessing again, paint. I have never seen an EOTech that color...
It's a polyurethane automotive paint with the clear-coat roughed up with some ScotchBrite to take the shine out. If you know anyone who works in a body shop, much cheaper than DuraCoat, and just as good if not better IMHO. I got called an Airsoft Multicam Fanboy, but he stopped laughing when saw it laid out next to Multicam.

^ was just thinking the same thing... i'd be rocking the afg2 but it took up too much rail space, i wanted to have the ability to put on my bipod for zeroing, without removing anything
I was really suprised at how short the lower rail was. I don't know if there's any rail extensions out there. Might have to get a machinist to make one or somthing...
The AFG/RVG setup I have provides exceptional stability in room clearing, or traversing obstacles on the range. And it's an easy hand transition to use AFG it as intended.

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
i was thinking of taking an enhanced rail and turning it backwards and bolting it through the sling loop holes, cutting off the excess, and trying to extend the top rail somehow-maybe with a piece that was cut off... but i dont feel like trying that at the moment

the massoud has an extended enhanced rail, it looks pretty good too

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was thinking of taking an enhanced rail and turning it backwards and bolting it through the sling loop holes, cutting off the excess, and trying to extend the top rail somehow-maybe with a piece that was cut off... but i dont feel like trying that at the moment

the massoud has an extended enhanced rail, it looks pretty good too
I wish the top and bottom rails were a lot longer. All you'd need is a slot in the top rail to turn the gas selector

1 - 7 of 7 Posts