ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 456 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everyone,

Since this post has gotten so long, I figured I would update just this first few posts with all the pictures so they are more simple to view. New comers can go through the many pages and see the growing pains with the ACR, and maybe get some information on how to remedy theirs. My thread here covers just about every mod or aftermarket part for the ACR.

Can't post more than one video in a post so you will have to go my YouTube playlist to see them;
CallMeColt's ACR YouTube Playlist

SBR ACR.jpg ACR.jpg 7.62 ACR.jpg 14.5in 03.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1356218414506.jpg 10.5in ACR.jpg ACR & Tavor.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1367694838654.jpg NCM_0172.jpg NCM_0173.jpg

The forum will not let me add anymore pictures to the thread. Will go down to my next post to edit and add more.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
I love the paint my friend. Looks very simple and effective. I envy the work to the barrel as well. Is that paint on the gas block? I imagine it'll hold up fine.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Just got my barrel back today. Had it cut down since the kits are not out for shorter barrels yet. Yes I know, my EMag is not painted yet.

View attachment 1189
You can't tell. The way that you did your paint job on the msg well, the unpainted black mag blends right in. Nice.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Added Pictures;
NCM_0353.JPG NCM_0351.JPG 10.5in AAC mounted.jpg SBR ACR wPVS14.jpg

Original Post;
Had the work done at a local gun shop, JoJo's Gun Works. They are really good. Go to them for everything. As for the paint, I just did a random spray pattern while it was on the ground with a camouflage paint kit from Cabela's. I do have paint on the gas block. I have painted my AR's like this as well. When the paint gets real hot, it kind of turns brown then flakes off. Not a big deal to me.... just spray it again, or clean it up and change up the pattern. :) Coming from the Marine Corps, having gear that works well and is tactical is what matters to me. Some guys wonder why I would just spray a gun I have over $3000 into. I like how it looks! Haha. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
44 Posts
OH MY FU***N GOD THAT THING IS TIT'S...... :p

Ive actually been kicking around the camo/ hydro dip thing for a while... and like you i have a couple of M16 commando's that i have shake-canned, and they turned out great...

And i believe that i just heard an angel get his wings... :rolleyes:

great job man!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
really like the simplistic paint theme -less is more

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is a new picture. Was considering changing to the angled forward grip, but don't know how it would mount to the basic hand guard without buying a rail as well. Waiting for the flash light switch to come in from timebandit. And it needs to paint after all is on since the green on the new parts matches. Took them off my AR15 and that had a slightly lighter green. Sorry for the low quality cell phone picture.

ACR.jpg

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Oh man, there aren't enough SBR'd ACR's out in the wild. We need more!

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
That's it im running mine through the band saw. I've got the same fore grip. I may move it back. I have 2to pressure switches on it and since I have the full length barrel it feels easier to balance.. more pics!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Looks nice. The AFG comes with the rail section that's required. No worries.

1 - 20 of 456 Posts