ACR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All. I have had my ACR since November and have been adding to it over the last 9 months and thought I would post some pics. It has the following beyond the stock ACR:

-Aimpoint Micro T-1 on a LaRue LT751 absolute co-witness mount.
-Aimpoint 3x Magnifier on a LT755-30S QD Pivot Mount.
-BattleComp 2.0 Muzzle Brake (Offset).

On pics 9 and 10 you can see my newspaper and mail boxes about 85 yards away from my front door where I took the picture. In 9 the boxes are down and to the right looking through the T-1 and on 10 the red dot is directly over the newspaper box (the left of the two boxes) looking through the 3x and T-1. The yellow squiggly line to the right of the red dot in pic 10 is the headlights of a car about 1900 feet away to get an idea of the field of view.

ACR1.jpg ACR2.jpg ACR3.jpg ACR4.jpg ACR5.jpg ACR6.jpg ACR7.jpg ACR8.jpg ACR9.jpg ACR10.jpg

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Very nice setup!!

Couple questions if you don't mind:

Where did you get the magnifier mount? I can't find it on the Larue website. (Can only find the "T" version)

How do you like the "battlecomp" ?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
That'll never work. You should give it to me though. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It took me about a month to find out where to get the S mount.... you just have to call them to get the S. Just give them that exact model number. I saw it in some thread over on M4C I think at the same time a rep responded to my email. LaRue customer service is great if you call them. It was about $159 including shipping. The S mount is still slightly higher than absolute cowitness. I think it is 1.58" compared to absolute which is 1.45". The height difference does not hinder your view though, you just adjust the the 3x to center the red dot and the height difference is small enough that you do not see darkening around the edges when looking through the 3x.

The BattleComp is new this week actually. I have shot 220 rounds through it and readjusted it to the offset angle just yesterday. When it was clocked on straight the recoil impulse was sharply to the right, but didn't rise at all. After the adjustment it was kind of random which I didn't expect, but it was much easier to get on target although I am not sure how much better than when I had the AAC Blackout on it. I am having a few friends shoot it this weekend before I make any final adjustments and write a full review. Noise levels and concussion seemed similar to AAC Blackout and the concussion did not jet out to the sides like most muzzle brakes. I had a guy next to me and after we were done shooting I asked if I bothered him at all and he said not at all and the gun was a lot quieter than he expected. The flash was also acceptable. About 1/4 of the time I could see a flash, which was barely noticeable through the T-1. It gave a quick whiteout on the 3x, but didn't seem to cause any issues getting back on target or blinding my vision.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
It took me about a month to find out where to get the S mount.... you just have to call them to get the S. Just give them that exact model number..................................
Ahhhhhh, it don't make sense that they wouldn't put it on their web site, but owell.

Thanks for your battlecomp observations

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Looks great. I'm at about 75% to stay on course for an RCO but VERY tempted to get a T1 with magnifier, as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Uxi - If you like the RCO you won't be disappointed, but it is slightly heavier than this setup. I don't have a scale to get a good measurement, but I am talking only maybe an ounce or so. The T-1/3x mag is a good combo, but is not means a precision optic at 4 MOA.

Jfreeze - I haven't seen it hit the magnifier. It doesn't really stick out that far and the deflector does a pretty good job kicking brass to the side. If I see otherwise down the road I will post about it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Uxi - If you like the RCO you won't be disappointed, but it is slightly heavier than this setup. I don't have a scale to get a good measurement, but I am talking only maybe an ounce or so.
Agreed, the dual set up doesn't weight quite as much as an ACOG (barely).
However if you ever plan on mounting a NVS to the weapon the real estate might be needed. If not then it doesn play a factor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts