ACR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Holy shit, that's big! Did you consider NVGs with a compatible standard optic? Is there a benefit to the NVS over the NVG combo?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually got the nvs for my bolt action...I just had to put it on my acr to see what it would look like...its way too heavy unless i was to put a bipod on it:rolleyes:...I think the nvs well be more accurate than nvg's

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
It'd be a good perimeter rifle for 'yotes and such I bet.

I still think about getting an old PVS-4 every now and again. If you took the time to dial them in they were pretty good sights and decent enough resolution albeit bulky as sin.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Just curious, how much does it weight?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3.2 lbs! pretty nice for a gen1...I didn't get to shoot with it as much as i would've liked but it was fun once I put a grip pod on...need a more stable bipod thought!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
idk what else to say other than check out vltors bipod if thats to pricey then check out ema tactical they also have a qd bipod that is cool and as far as the grip iam sold on the stubby tangodown with the A.D.m qd lever.some people dont like the grip but if you ever had fell in love with the mp5k grip i suggest you try,sorry i know is not a grip pod but just an idea.
I was thinking something like this...stole the pic and quote from apwr!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
3.2 lbs! pretty nice for a gen1...I didn't get to shoot with it as much as i would've liked but it was fun once I put a grip pod on...need a more stable bipod thought!
Actually not bad for what it is, thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wanna talk bulky night vision? How 'bout these? LOL My AN/PVS-4 is mounted on my old A2 and the real monster is the AN/PVS-2 mounted on the M-14. That one is no lightweight in any sense of the word! Really, not too bad considering the age of the design but the PVS-4 was a pretty big improvement over the older scope. Of course now we have PVS-14's that we can mount on the weapon, on our helmets or on that miserable halo that makes the old PVS-4 look bulky as ever but is still so far out of my price range. Gotta get a contracting job downrange rather than a .mil job to afford one of those!

Of course, there is night vision from the other side of the pond as well. In this case a SAR-3 with an old Soviet PON-5 night vision scope mounted on the rail.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts