ACR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ACR with the basic stock and enhanced hand guard. Because I live in CA I can't have a folding stock plus I have a bullet button which is very difficult to use.

Just a couple of things I want to say: The take down pins are freaking tight! I am going to clean everything later this week and then shoot it. I starting not to like the Magpul MBUS sights especially the front ones and might sell them for Troy or G&GG BUIS. Optic will be an EoTech EXPS2-0.

Picture taken with iphone 4

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Looks good considering the limitations of your home state. You'll like the eotech, I have an XPS2 on another rifle and its a great optic. I find it great for quick shots within 100 yards. I personally have had great success with TROY BUIS. I ditched the MBUS sights as soon as I could.

BTW, what is a "bullet button?"

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=cjt50 link=topic=127.msg611#msg611 date=1282169979]
BTW, what is a "bullet button?"
[/quote]

It's a device that removes the normal function of a magazine release. In CA if your AR15 or any rifle has an adjustable butt stock, pistol grip, forward vertical grip, and flash hider, then you can't release the magazine with your finger. You install a bullet button in place of the mag release button and now in order to remove the magazine you have to use a tool or the tip of a bullet to eject the magazine.

I could remove the BB on the ACR but I will have to remove the flash hider and install a muzzle brake or compensator and install a kydex slip-on grip part over the rear grip so that I won't be able hold it like how you hold a pistol. I have to hold it as if I was holding a bolt action rifle with no pistol grip.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: WOW!!!!!!

Guess living in FL, im very nieve on the guns laws out there. I knew it was restrictive, but that is rediculus and doesnt make anysense. Thanks for explaining.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Would you say the color difference between the upper and lower of the coyote ACR is more accurately represented in the first photo or the second set of photos? I decided I wanted the coyote coloration a while ago, but I've been seeing a lot of pictures like the first one, and I really hate the dramatic two-tone look. It looks nice in the second and third photos, though.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zulu-

The first picture I took with my iphone inside my room with florescent lighting. The next 2 pictures are taken with a DSLR camera with bounce flash to the ceiling at my work.

In person it does look like the 2nd and 3rd pictures.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK these aren't the best pictures since I took them in my room with not so good lighting. I only added the black Magpul XTM rail panels. Pictures are the same just with different lighting.

Still debating if I want to keep the MBUS sights or go with Troy.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Go with the Troy's if ya can. They are double the money, but double the durability. I get a better / clearer sight picture with them as well.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=cjt50 link=topic=127.msg691#msg691 date=1283331061]
Go with the Troy's if ya can. They are double the money, but double the durability. I get a better / clearer sight picture with them as well.
[/quote]

Just bought a front sight on ebay. Waiting for an auction to end on a Troy Dioptic rear sight.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More pictures with the Surefire X300 LED weapon light, Eotech EXPS2-0, and front Troy battle sight. Rear Troy sight coming in a couple of days. Several shots are the same just with different lighting.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
How do you like the quick release feature of that eotech?

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=cjt50 link=topic=127.msg751#msg751 date=1283810929]
How do you like the quick release feature of that eotech?
[/quote]

I love it!

Here's the downside of having the EOtech in that position though. I was doing some manipulation drills and when you pull back on the charging handle my bare hands are pretty close to touching the Eotech. If I had gloves I could make contact but this can be an issue for other shooters with larger hands. I might move back the EOtech a bit back though. My fingers can also rub against the Magpul XTM rails and with bare hands it does not feel good at all.

I'm taking a rifle/carbine course at the end of this month and see how it goes. If it bothers me to much I might sell it and get an Aimpoint H-1.

Reasons why I got an EOtech EXPS:
The 1 MOA dot
QD mount
Price ($420 after rebate)
Past experience with the product on my Daniel Defense DDM4

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Ahhhhh, I was hoping the QD mount might have given it some addtional clearence. I have the straight XPS and notice the same thing. I have an Aimpoint M2 that I having been using on the ACR lately, and find I gives plenty of clearence.

H-1.......hmmmmm, might have to look into that seriously

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
That looks great. I really dig the added contrast from the rail covers and the EOtech.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts