ACR Forum banner

My ACR beat my buddies SCAR

25K views 39 replies 25 participants last post by  ColdDeadHands 
#1 ·
So about a week ago me and a buddy of mine took my ACR and his SCAR 16 to the range. Long story short....the ACR won....I will explain.

After having zeroed the SCAR we decided to get them a little dirty, we both detached our slings from the front point and left the rear attached. Holding the loose end of the sling tossed them out into the muddy retention pond.

I wish I had taken the time to document this more but hindsight is 20/20

Anyway, after getting them out of the water we shot them....the ACR won in that it downed 60 rounds with no failures. The SCAR on the other hand failed to cycle, it would fire one round and then you would have to manually cycle the bolt. It took field striping the rifle and rinsing all the mud out to get it running somewhat....it would still fail to cycle about 60-70% of the time.

My friend is now getting ready to sell his SCAR and get an ACR

Unfortunately due to this test I did go ahead and clean the hell out of the ACR, round count before cleaning was at about 2300
I'm also including some slow motion videos from a few weeks ago

See less See more
#6 ·
Very nice. This type of thread is great for the future of our weapon system. We all know this rifle can do this, but potential buyers like to see real world tests. Great pictures by the way.

#7 ·
That's awesome. There was another thread where a guy abused the hell out of an ACR but had no SCAR to test side by side. This is great. Thanks.

#10 ·
Im so tired of the trash talking when it comes to the acr. I own many ar rifles. A black acr and scar, both of these guns are better than any ar i have shot to date, including my lwrc. I love shooting the scar, its a great gun but the acr is a all around better gun in my opinion. check out current issue of tactical operator magazine, they also rated the acr as top dog. I would and probably buy another acr for my son. I would not buy another scar 16. Scar 17s, now thats another story.

#11 ·
i have to agree with you, the acr vs scar debate is old, most of them probably havnt even shot an acr... they are both good weapons its like imports vs domestics, it will never end

but the scar 17s is different territory, if there was a massoud it would be a different story

#12 ·
That was my SCAR and it was pretty jamtastic, I love how the fanboys on M4Carbine were sooo buthurt that the SCAR failed to measure up to the ACR in a real world test. I dont care about lab testing or Mil trial results when my rifle fails to function when it gets dirt on it, the end result is and was the same, the rifle choked, I am just happy it was at the range:tinhat: This is the last time I use Mil trials as any kind of indicator of a weapon's worth.

So about a week ago me and a buddy of mine took my ACR and his SCAR 16 to the range. Long story short....the ACR won....I will explain.

After having zeroed the SCAR we decided to get them a little dirty, we both detached our slings from the front point and left the rear attached. Holding the loose end of the sling tossed them out into the muddy retention pond.

I wish I had taken the time to document this more but hindsight is 20/20

Anyway, after getting them out of the water we shot them....the ACR won in that it downed 60 rounds with no failures. The SCAR on the other hand failed to cycle, it would fire one round and then you would have to manually cycle the bolt. It took field striping the rifle and rinsing all the mud out to get it running somewhat....it would still fail to cycle about 60-70% of the time.

My friend is now getting ready to sell his SCAR and get an ACR

Unfortunately due to this test I did go ahead and clean the hell out of the ACR, round count before cleaning was at about 2300
I'm also including some slow motion videos from a few weeks ago

#19 ·
lol i miss it sometimes, i saw on hkpro that you were getting that vltor rail for it-i really want to see how it looks. you still gonna get an acr?? i really like mine alot, especially now that it is sbr'd

#20 ·
I'd like to get the Vlotr since DD bailed on it.

I'd also like an ACR very much and am excited that there are people out there already mfg'ing aftermarket parts for it. I bet in no time you'll start seeing more desirable fore-end rails for it too.

I'll say my buddy's SCAR Heavy is pretty nice and balances superbly. I believe a .308 Massoud ACR would be even better though.

Speaking of which, I found out alot of our terps HATED that guy. Seems Massoud did jack squat for the Pashtun people and the only people that did benefit are the ones from his hometown in the Panshir Valley.

#21 ·
I'd like to get the Vlotr since DD bailed on it.
Speaking of which, I found out alot of our terps HATED that guy. Seems Massoud did jack squat for the Pashtun people and the only people that did benefit are the ones from his hometown in the Panshir Valley.
That area of the world is too tribal centric and not to mention everyone is suspicious of everyone else.

Get an ACR Francis. I'm still digging the XCR but the ACR gets shot more now.

#29 ·
This Is one Awesome thread acr versus the scar I own the scar 17 and recently purchased the acr enhanced and like i said on the fnh forums the acr is definitely a better platform !!! I love my scar 17 cause its 308 it is a fine rifle but once the magpul gets an acr variant 308 i will sell my scar 17 immediately. I actually got the boot from fnh forums because of me defending magpul. YOU see on that forum they are very anti magpul.. its really a great American story when 2 guys from Denver can design and have built a rifle that can and will beat out all major competitors like fnh. fnh has been around a long time with lots of experience lots of capital, but i guess that doesnt even matter.. NOt to mention the scar has been out for what like 3 years now starting with 16 and there isnt shit for accy's for them. Acr been out for about a year and there all ready is accy's on bushmasters website like 11? i think. well my hats off to magpul for starting this beast up now there is no stopping it!!!!

#34 ·
I've got a black enhanced ACR, black FS2000 optic model, and a black SCAR-16S.

I love all three, and won't own anything else after playing with those. Everything else feels like absolute shit now.

You would not believe the shit I caught from the store I usually deal with when I walked in with an ACR. "Oh, it's shit.", "It's a 4 inch gun.", "You can't detach the barrel without ruining the headspace.", "Even the designer says it's shit.", "It'll last about 400 rounds and start going full auto, I hope you like club fed."

I took my ACR out and ran it yesterday, 550 rounds of Wolf. No issues what so ever except for the PWS Triad spinning off that I had my gunsmith put on. We were afraid to put much torque on the barrel, so he just tightened it on. At 25 yards I was able to put three bullets in a hole the size of a penny, offhand. That experience sold me on the ACR.

My SCAR is nice too, it's really hard to decide which one I like more. The recoil impulse on it is almost like a .22LR, it's stupid accurate, and I've never had a failure with it either. The only thing I don't like about the SCAR is how the stock attaches, and the fact that the bracket is made out of plastic.

I have dumped my 16S into mud too on accident, and where I live there's a ton of fine sand flying around during the day so not only did the action get mud in it but the wind blew this fine sand crap into every nook and cranny of the gun as well. I spent 4 hours cleaning it with a fine tooth brush to get rid of all the sand when I got home that night, but It cycled and went bang every time, so I don't know what's wrong with the rifle in the original post.

FS2000 to me is just a bullpuped SCAR with forward ejection. It's sealed tight pretty much, so I see no reason why it wouldn't pass the mud test. I just wish I could get a PWS FSC for it to replace the goofy FN brake. Recoil is comparable to the SCAR, and groups have always been tight. Mine's an older one with the forward sear in the trigger pack, so maybe I just got a good one.

I think 99% of the bashing you see on all three platforms is coming from people who can't afford to own any of them, and are jealous of others so they make up everything to justify not owning one, or they're the old set in their ways types that can't wrap their minds around the newer platforms.

The only gun I really have anything against is the MSAR STG-556. Every single one I had developed serious issues. Gen 1,2,3, etc didn't matter.. they all ended up going back for repair, or replacement.

#35 ·
Agreed, I'm lucky enough to own the ACR, SCAR 16S, and a SCAR 17s. and can't say that one (ACR, SCAR 16) is clearly better. I like them both for different reasons and have nits with both. I've taken my barrel off a couple times on my ACR and have had zero issues shooting after re-attaching it. I've probably got 600 rounds through it and has been flawless.

I also agree with you, people that "bitch" about one over the other don't actually own both and have lived with both...

#38 ·
Doubtful. FN has been raising their prices. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.