ACR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the closest I have found so far.

Was trying to avoid having to add a rail at the 9 o'clock and then add a mount.

I found an article for a direct attach IWC mount with a 1913 rail on top. But I have been all over their website and can't find it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also picked up right and left Magpul MOE Scout mounts today.

I read that they weren't compatible with the ACR due to vent spacing. But there isn't much difference in the ACR and MOE handguards.

They were cheap so I went ahead and bought them.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Also picked up right and left Magpul MOE Scout mounts today.

I read that they weren't compatible with the ACR due to vent spacing. But there isn't much difference in the ACR and MOE handguards.

They were cheap so I went ahead and bought them.
If it fits like the IWC mount it will contact the front lip of the ACR hand guard and push the beam left slightly - you can put washers between the mount and the hand guard to fix the clearance issue.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

This would seem to be ideal. This was in an article about IWC. It was a recent article and I am assuming they aren't actually out yet as I can't find anything on them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not a problem. I had read in a few places that the Scout mount would not fit the ACR. And I guess in a sense it doesn't out of the box. But it only took about 2 minutes with a Dremel and it fit perfectly. I didn't alter the handguard any except taking out the tiny rivet on the bottom so I could slide out the heat shield.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Couldn't you just mount a magpul rail section on the vent holes and have the light closer for easier activation?

That's actually where I have it right now. But I have to change my grip to activate it. I prefer my lights to be at the eleven o'clock position so they are easy to access with my normal grip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts