ACR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for both a hand stop for refrencing and a flash light mount and flash light. And after alot of searching I decided to pick up the mount n slot units.

For the hand stop they offer two different types - One that mounts to a standard picatinny rail for 30 bucks and one that mounts to the Magpul MOE or ACR hand guards specifically for 40. Both are anodized aluminum http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/category/mount-n-slot/weapon-control-mount/

They also offer a light mount for 1inch lights or that directly attaches to the SUREFIRE M300A or M600C lights (too pricy for me) or any standard 1inch light. They also offer for a mere 90 bux a combo with either the tan or black Polytac by Stream light 120 lumen led with momentary or on switch. http://www.impactweaponscomponents....ht-mount-n-slot-w-polytac-led-by-streamlight/

Installation for both is simple. You simply slide the backing plates into the channels on the inside of the MOE hand guards and bolt them down. For the ACR basic hand guard which has a ridge at the top unlike the standard moe hand guards, I had to add small rivet washers and longer screws. I spoke to IWC about this and they are looking into it.

If you are not going to run such a forward grip this won't be an issue moved 1 slot back or with the enhanced hand guard.

The light mount is ambidextrous mount so you can mount it to either side either up like I have it or below the barrel which actually is better for tactical shooting and only requires a slight forward pressure to active the momentary switch.

As I have it however the combo has proven necessary. Not only does the hand stop allow me to reference my grip. But it allows me to control the rifle pistol transfer using my weak hand without dropping the rifle into my chest as I draw my pistol. Also when using the light it gives me the perfect grip like a tiny afg might.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need to put some serious rounds through it next Saturday evening to see how well the light handles the muzzle blast - IE melts or carbons over fast so I may have to report back.

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
I bought two of the Dropwings and wished I had bought the Thorntails instead. The Dropwings didn't work out with the DD MK18 RIS and 10.5" barrel.

Now I have to figure out how to use them, or sell the one that's not hydrodipped Desert Digi and still in the wrapper.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
unfortunately I went snow blind with the light on from all of the carbon so I moved the light to below the barrel and I hope that or shortening it next week by 2.5 inches should help.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
How does the handstop feel on the basic handguard over the AFG? If youve never had an AFG then how would you describe the handstop on the basic?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nothing like resurrection...
Im thinking about the handstop for my ACR.
anyone have an up to date opinion on it or maybe some more pics...
Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts