ACR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running the newer mini suppressors or have gotten to use them? Just planning things for when I move out of Cali.

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
One of the guys was using a mini-Surefire on his 10" 416. I hefted it and thought, "Holy shit this thing is muzzle heavy!" (More so than my 10" 416 upper). He said, "Hold on," and removed the SF mini. Surprisingly it removed a lot of the "felt" weight.

A lot heavier than I would've thought.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Anybody have a chance to toy with the new 762 Mini? I haven't bought my .30 cal can yet so im kinda interested in that one, but unless I see some killer reviews I'll probably go with the SDN-6

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Anybody have a chance to toy with the new 762 Mini? I haven't bought my .30 cal can yet so im kinda interested in that one, but unless I see some killer reviews I'll probably go with the SDN-6
I've used it on a couple hosts.

Using AAC as an example, I find going from an M4-2000 to a MINI4 is not a ton of performance loss (as the shooter). 5.56 is just such a loud round.

But in 30 Cal, there is a noticeable loss in performance going from the 'N-6 to the MINI7. Is the length and weight saved worth it? It's up to you. It definitely still takes the "bite out of the bark", but it is definitely not hearing safe.

I always wear ear pro when shooting centerfire rifles suppressed, so i enjoy the weight and length savings. But if I were looking for an all around can, I'd get the 'N-6. Great performance on a huge variety of calibers and hosts.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ok cool that's what I was thinking, and I forgot to say it in my post but I was referring to the new SF mini 762, but nonetheless the same principles apply, so most likely that's what I'll go with, thanks Jason.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Ok cool that's what I was thinking, and I forgot to say it in my post but I was referring to the new SF mini 762, but nonetheless the same principles apply, so most likely that's what I'll go with, thanks Jason.
The SF 7.62 MINI is a better performer than the AAC MINI7, but it is larger and heavier. Plus, it costs around $1325. A good all around compact can, though. It is 6.25" long, 20 oz.

Versus the 'N-6, it's a really tough call- the 'N-6 is around $1000, 7.6" long, and 20 oz. The sound performance will be better.

As long as your sound performance expectations are realistic, both those cans will be awesome.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ya when its that close may as well as well go for sound and cost, thanks again Jason!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts