ACR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you sworn in types, Arc’teryx LEAF Introduces New Armor Compatible Clothing System. Very cool stuff, with a nice discount for risking life and limb

·
Registered
38 Posts
Arc’teryx makes great gear...as long as someone else is buying. There are too many other companies that make good gear that is way cheaper. Mountain Hardwear, 5:11 Tactical, or Marmot are where I spend my money.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Arc’teryx makes great gear...as long as someone else is buying. There are too many other companies that make good gear that is way cheaper. Mountain Hardwear, 5:11 Tactical, or Marmot are where I spend my money.
+1 Arc’teryx is top notch gear, but it sits with the elite range of Surefire and Knights Armarment high end prices.

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
I actually liked the LEAF program before they offered it to retailers only. Before they did, the prices were even better.

Mountain Hardwear also had a better deal going. With their prodeal, all their clothing was 50% off, and hardware was 40% and that was off EVERYTHING on their website. Not some neutered prodeal website that barely has jack squat on there.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
That is nice looking. We had the acs it was alot better under the vest than the acu top but the sleeves were too tight. The army strong logo on the chest made it warmer. Every little thing was magnified when the temps hit 135+.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
We were issued FROG tops and bottoms in desert marpat for afghan. we were there this past year, got back on jan 6th. It was good, kept you fairly cool and it supposedly was fire retardant, but IEDs and DFCs don't set you on fire, they blow you apart or pepper you with shrapnel. So the fire retardant aspect is negated in my opinion

1 - 10 of 10 Posts