ACR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm a new user in the forum here.
Not sure how old news this is, but I contacted Midwest Industries inquiring about the ACR Handguard offerings and was plainly told that they have discontinued them. As a new ACR owner that is currently looking for an extended handguard like the MI ACR 12.5", it's quite disheartening to see yet another handguard option taken away from the already limited pool of choices.

Do you guys think this is in response to Bushmaster and the ACR being in this muddy state it's currently in? I remember seeing them in stock like late 2019 and the SHOT 2020 video from Midwest Industries even showcases ACR handguards...

Also, does anyone seem to have a 12.5" M-LOK handgaurd that they're willing to sell? Personally, the handguard that they discontinued was perfectly what I was looking for and seeing it out of stock everywhere, it seems like second hand is my only option.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
If that is the case I don't blame MI. IIRC, in one of the youtube videos showcasing their new ACR handguard, the MI representative said that Bushmaster gave them reassurances they were committed to producing the ACR for the long haul. This was right around the time they released the 6.8 conversions so it seemed believable at the time. Then less than a year later Remington shutters Bushmaster, which I can only assume caused MI to scream internally. How much R&D dollars did they put into those handguards only to see their customer pool get shot to hell?

·
Registered
40 Posts
117120208_768370373968021_349453533499988855_n.jpg Here is mine in Coyote.I know optics planet has a backorder for them but they need to buy 50 or more.I almost put in for a shorty but haven't.I'd sell mine but all I have is my polymer one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts