ACR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about this for a while and am completely convinced it will work. I want to form 1 my ACR but I can't find any barrel assemblies that are shorter than 16". Then I was looking at some barrels online and a standard AR barrel seems to be begging to be turned into an ACR barrel. It has the centering pin correct gas block diameter and gas port alignment if you move the adapting pieces and the piston system over and cut the piston to fit the shorter length I feel like it would have no problem running with the shorter barrel. Please let me know what you think this is something I've been pondering for a while.

·
Registered
506 Posts
People here have been adapting AR barrels to ACRs for a while now. Look up Templar Precision and they can do the entire process for you.

If you're going to SBR it, you might as well lose the extra weight the QD barrel system has and go with Templar Precision's trunnion system too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been thinking about this for a while and am completely convinced it will work. I want to form 1 my ACR but I can't find any barrel assemblies that are shorter than 16". Then I was looking at some barrels online and a standard AR barrel seems to be begging to be turned into an ACR barrel. It has the centering pin correct gas block diameter and gas port alignment if you move the adapting pieces and the piston system over and cut the piston to fit the shorter length I feel like it would have no problem running with the shorter barrel. Please let me know what you think this is something I've been pondering for a while.
Frist, I took a standard 16.5" AR barrel and had it converted to accept the ACR gas assembly. works great. I am selling 2 ACR barrels if you are interested in them, one is a 16.5" and the other is a 14.5". They are both NATO 5.56 with 1/7 twist. The 16.5" is a Ballistic Advantage barrel. The 14.5" is a Templar Precision barrel. Both are complete barrel assemblies ready to use. Text me at 765-401-6996 if you are interested or if you have other ACR questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts