ACR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Magpul MS2 sling attach to the standard acr right out of the box? Or do I have to buy addtional parts?

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
It will attach as a single point to the hook just behind the grip / safety. If you want to use it as a 2 point, you will have to buy some additional stuff. I had some extra QD swivels laying around that I attached to the provided points on the rifle. (behind handguard / back of butt stock) I'm sure there are other options out there but I haven't explored them yet.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
goteron on here made a neat little widget to take the place of the QD socket behind the handguard. Should work perfectly for the MS2.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
goteron on here made a neat little widget to take the place of the QD socket behind the handguard. Should work perfectly for the MS2.
I know, and it was simplisity(sp) at it's finest. Length of metal, drill 2 holes, bend and finish. And it looks good to.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have an MS2 and a VTAC. I prefer the VTAC over the MS2. Easier to operate quickly. Much smoother and faster than the MS2. I do like the MS2 for single point but when trying to adjust the MS2 quickly its not as "smooth" to operate...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I initially thought I'd like the single point slings cause they looked less cumbersome. I bought the MS2 and VTAC at the same time to decide which system I liked better. Well after "running around" at the range, I found I like 2 point better. Its a good thing the MS2 can be configured as a two point.

I'm really happy with the VTAC

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
I've said this before, two point slings are good when you're shooting slick. Start adding your kit and watch how cumbersome they become. Snagging on seemingly every pouch you have.

I like the single point as it's simplicity at it's best. If you want a way to secure the loose end of your gun, get a bungie cord and monkeyfist one end, then tape a carbiner open and run it through some molle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I like single point bc they are better for transitions but I still prefer 2 point for stability.

I have a ms2 and vtac. I hate the noise the ms2 makes. clink clank clink clank. I also don't like how narrow it is. pretty uncomfortable with any weight. I hope they make one with hard impact polymer like material for the clasp or some other way to silence the sling but still maintain it ease of adjustability and a slightly wider strap would make me happy. In the mean time I'll stick with my vtac.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Has there been any recent inovations/disoveries on ways to attach the MS2's forward claw on our rifles (Basic Handguard on mine)? For the most part I'll use a single point setup but I'd like the option to quickly run 2 point. It seems like my options are to either fab a ring to replace one of the rear QD points or just keep one of those QD swivels on there at all times (like this LaRue one http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=111 ). I'm not even sure if the ring is wide enought to attache the hook to and i hate the idea of it just flopping around while not in use.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Magpul has just introduced the MSA front sling attachment mount. It's being shipped to dealers right now. Should be available soon. If you look closely you'll see the clip for the new MS3 sling that will be released sometime this Winter. The MSA mount will bolt directly to the Basic ACR handguard. The MS3 sling promises to be everything that the MS2 is not. We'll see!

SamM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts