ACR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Well my spot looks like a dungeon. Ha ill take a few pics when I get my press put together more. Waiting on re caliber conversion kit. Im thinking I need that dillon strong mount.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Long range 223 Rem. ...haven't shot these yet 80 Gr Hornady Amax with Varget & Lapua Match Brass
that wont run in the acr will it? seems like it will be too heavy for the 1/8 or 1/9 twist that is in the current barrel

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No the 80Gr are too heavy for the 1/9 bbl. I'm planning to shoot them in my RRA NM which has a 1/8 twist I think.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
My 69 grains say 1-7 to 1-10 I think. Also isn't 77 grain about the max for being able to fit into a magazine? I've seen single shot mags for longer lengths which I imagine are those 80 grain ones.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Wow, that 80 grn bullet is almost as long as the case. Very impressive.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
yeah, but havent all the latest measurements shown the acr to be 1/8?

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Im not sure its a true 1-8 can double check. its a pretty heavy bullet I think the 69 grains are good for 1-7 to 1-10 not sure about he 77 grain ones. I have read those 80 s do 600m pretty well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Table Bookcase Property Window Furniture The bench was an old USAF armorer table that the were about to throw out it was pretty rough untill I adopted it and refinished it. It is really heavy duty and weighs close to 250 lbs. I have a Lee single stage setup right now which works fine for my .223, but I am in the process of getting a Lee classic turret press for my 9mm and 45 ACP reloading because I usually do a 1000 at a time. I have only been reloading for about 2 years and am constantly trying to upgrade my eqipment whenever the off duty supervisor permits.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reloading bench expansion....another Dillon 550B for small pistol primers...currently set up for 38SPl and more turrets for the T mag

Attachments

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Real nice. I have a 550 as well. I see a 650 locally that im dreaming up ideas for. I like your setup. I just moved and hope to get things going soon. The riser stand for them make a good difference? I am feeling the need for one. Luckily there's a local dillon dealer. I forgot to post a pic of my more recent set up before packing. I had used a spare bedroom. That's the plan for this new place as well. Unfortunately I don't think my 800 pound safe will be able to make the move.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you mean the Dillon Strong Mount yes. You're not limited to mounting the press on the edge of your bench and it's a nice height. My friend made the wooden bases for me and the bolts are all the same space and type, making it easy to move presses and other equipment around.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts