ACR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
i have issues with my cumberbine (sp?) on the fapc2 getting in the way of the mags, it pushes them out so they drag when i pull them out. another reason is because it will mimic my civilian load out so i dont have to change everything up when i get to the range

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
How do you like your rig, Jason? Have you worn a Pig to give a comparison ?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
How do you like your rig, Jason? Have you worn a Pig to give a comparison ?
I like it a lot... i am no Rambo, and it's very light and durable. For work or classes it's GTG.

The PIG is also very nice, but i like how compact and streamlined the LMAC is. Once you add the plates, the shoulder pads are a must.

The one thing that i don't like about it is the side panels and the elastic straps setup... there is soft armor in there and that is good, but it leaves a good sized gap at 4:30 and 7:30. Blue Force finally released cummerbunds for it and those will improve the side closure.

I am going to eventually replace the side panels with a Mayflower cummerbund.

But, it is simple, light and strong, and i got it onsale at Grey Group for $175, so it was a deal.

Works for me.

PIG was my very close second choice. Can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Simple yet effective. Nice. The only thing I'd add (which I may not see) is a T-kit.
Dark Angel Medical kit on the back. Now, the BIG problem with that is that i might as well not have it, as I don't know how to use much of it. But I suppose that i can hope someone is near me and can take full advantage of the supplies in it. ;)

I need to take a medical class.

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
You can start right now. Take that Nasopharayngeal, lick it, and jam it into one of your nostrils until you've created an "airway". It'll feel like you're getting a really good nosebleed when you do it.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
You can start right now. Take that Nasopharayngeal, lick it, and jam it into one of your nostrils until you've created an "airway". It'll feel like you're getting a really good nosebleed when you do it.
Sounds good, On it! ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Lol, zip ties rock. Especially for prisoner retention. I upgraded to hsgi tacos and an emdom vehicle hydration carrier

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Well, my PIG plate carrier is almost complete. I have a few things to adjust and move around, especially once i get my duty belt. I plan to move the drop pouch, dark angel med pouch, and my holster (tactical tailor modular holster) as well. The pig rides high, so certain things dont work well on the cumberbund. I also plan to get the PIG hydration carrier as opposed to the one I had when I was down range. I do have sapis in it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just got my shellback banshee carrier in the mail

https://shellbacktactical.com/bansheerifleplatecarrier.aspx

got some kangaroo pouches and some pistol mag holders in route... already got a IFAK and a hydration system... just need a warbelt.

this will be a hell of a lot lighter than what i was wearing during deployment...

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Eberlestock packs

I've eyed the G4 operator as well as the low drag and went for the operator. The material is a bit stronger. Regardless of model they did their homework on the packs, little things I notice all over make it an excellent pack for hiking and the internal scabbard is a plus. It fits an m1a with scope and mag easily in it.

The adjustable height shoulder strap setup does make the ruck sway slightly but it's an internal frame pack so the weight will be close to your body.

I ain't posted in a while, was away at a school so I figured I'd treat myself to one thing ill get a lot of use out of rather than any firearms goods for now.
http://eberlestock.com/Tactical Master.htm

Attachments

81 - 100 of 110 Posts