·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
No, but at that late hour, I ate what I had

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
aka a circle jerk. :D

Damn, was pretty close to winning a USMC Chest Rig aka coyote brown Tactical Assault Panel on evilbay, but lost. :(

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Circle jerks are a great way to waste time

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Ok, enough smokin and jokin. Back on topic. I was able to get a USMC Chest Rig aka Tactical Assault Panel on evilbay for under $100 finally. Awesome piece of kit, I gotta say. Unfortunately, it's designed to connect to the MTV/SPC/FSBE/IMTV/PC but not the Interceptor OTV I have. The side connection is easy enough but the shoulder connection is gonna need some tricks. It includes 4 connectors for MTV/SPC/FSBE with velcro and 2 with metal loops to link into the IMTV/PC system. I wonder what an Army TAP setup includes since the IOTV is much closer to the OTV than the USMC armors since...

Easiest option seems to be to get an Eagle Scalable Plate Carrier since it will bolt right up to it. I've been kinda wanting to get a new PC anyway... but seems kinda like a waste of money barring some Mad Max Zombie Apocalypse type shit. In which case, I'm gonna go buck wild and get a Crye CAGE or something crazy. Looks like it's time to pull all my MOLLE shiznit off the OTV and try to come up with something creative.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Uxi- If you're military talk nice with the local parachute rigger shop. They've got industrial sewing machines and can stitch in buckles or new straps to make it work on your current rig, maybe add some connectors to the IBA. If there are any local skydiving places around you can ask around with them too.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I've been out for 6 years, which is why I only have an IBA. :D I was able to get the USMC Chest Rig mounted to my IBA sturdy enough. Used the longer attachments for MTV/SPC/FSBE which have velcro and wrapped them around the loops for the yoke/collar (which I'll probably never use again anyway lol) and seems sturdy enough. The sides are actually a bigger pain than I thought. The cummerbund adapters connect just fine, but they're almost too far for me to be able to get off, though I don't really have a problem getting it in there. Having a couple more loops of webbing sewed on, one on each shoulder and a couple farther out on the OTV back would definitely help, though...

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
put my speed reload pouch on the left of the chest rig so it's on my side. Didn't bother loading up the rest of the mags or putting on the IFAK or anything.

EDIT: That was old interim. I did it right with a new carrier and the same soft armor. Plates TBD. Speed reload and old Eagle/ILBE moved to war belt along with a better holster:

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
I've tried mags on a thigh rig. way too heavy. I don't recommend it

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
As long as you mount the items up high like Dana is doing, you really shouldn't notice it. Personally I like to keep my legs free.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Is that an Ops Core?

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
I don't mind a pistol, but I tried 2 double mag pouches with loaded mags and its just too much for my taste

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Is that an Ops Core?
yes its a base jump, i needed a helmet for my nod's. they are kinda cheap and extremely high quality, my only issue is when i run them combined with sordins and oakleys they smash them into my head... but that being said i'll probably use normal ear plugs with the helmet for now

the thigh rig setup i like is like costa's new firstgear setup, not because he uses it but because thats how i could combine my gear to work with my civilian kit and war belt without changing much. i use raven holsters so it makes it hard to pull them off when going to the range just to add a primary mag pouch or preferably 2

heres the leg rig i wanna try out
http://soldiersystems.net/2012/04/03/costa-sportin-firstspear/

61 - 80 of 110 Posts