ACR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with Mooneys firearms and they are dropping the breakout in the mail for me tomorrow. I've been going back and forth on what muzzle device to put on and after some research I decided to give the breakout a try.

Anyone have any experiance with the breakout please chime in on your thoughts about it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Well, my $.02 is that it is 'OK'. But, wasn't impressed enough with its performance to keep it. It's a brake and a flash hider but did neither exceptionally well. I don't want to discourage you as your experience may be totally opposite of mine. At the end of the day the rifle nor the bullets fired from it know what's on the end of the barrel.

That said, if an 18T version pops up I'd probably get one just to help save the baffles.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, my $.02 is that it is 'OK'. But, wasn't impressed enough with its performance to keep it. It's a brake and a flash hider but did neither exceptionally well. I don't want to discourage you as your experience may be totally opposite of mine. At the end of the day the rifle nor the bullets fired from it know what's on the end of the barrel.

That said, if an 18T version pops up I'd probably get one just to help save the baffles.
Thanks for the report. I'll try it out next week and report back on how it worked for me.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have one sitting in my parts box, waiting to throw on my 12.5" barrel.

As far as the "hybrid" solution, everyone says the flash suppression is poor but AAC makes grade A products.

I plan on using it as a sacrificial baffle and mount for my 7.62SDN6.

Looking forward to the review.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have one sitting in my parts box, waiting to throw on my 12.5" barrel.

As far as the "hybrid" solution, everyone says the flash suppression is poor but AAC makes grade A products.

I plan on using it as a sacrificial baffle and mount for my 7.62SDN6.

Looking forward to the review.
I plan to get that same suppressor in the near future and just had my barrel sent off to ADCO with an AAC 51t blackout flash suppressor to have it permanently attached after they chop it to 14.5" rethread it, recontour it to a lightweight profile in front of the gasblock, and refinish it. It's gonna be sweet.

Do the flash suppressors cause that much more wear on the first baffle as opposed to a muzzle break? I know the 762SDN-6 uses all inconel baffles.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
You'll get erosion to some extent with any length barrel but the shorter it is the more muzzle blast. Most suppressor manufacturers will note a minimum length barrel too. Since overhauling a suppressor will more than likely incur another $200 it's smart policy to use something like a brake since the brake will soak up the brunt of it, and, is more easily replaced.

But, since the SDN-6 is rated for .30 cal and an all inconel stack, not to mention that they are shooting the snot out of them on short 5.56 rifles themselves, I don't reckon it'll be a problem especially on 14.5".

·
Registered
44 Posts
I plan to get that same suppressor in the near future and just had my barrel sent off to ADCO with an AAC 51t blackout flash suppressor to have it permanently attached after they chop it to 14.5" rethread it, recontour it to a lightweight profile in front of the gasblock, and refinish it. It's gonna be sweet.
LOL, brothers! My barrel is at Adco right now for all the same services...except I asked them chop it to 14.125", so it'll be exactly 16".

Should make an already perfect gun even better.

Have an M4-2000 sitting at the dealer already paid for, just have to wait for it to be approved...then my dream set-up will be finished.

·
Registered
610 Posts
LOL, brothers! My barrel is at Adco right now for all the same services...except I asked them chop it to 14.125", so it'll be exactly 16".

Have an M4-2000 sitting at the dealer already paid for, just have to wait for it to be approved...then my dream set-up will be finished.
Nice. Post pic in the gallery sticky when you get it back.

·
Registered
213 Posts

Hmm I didn't realize I could go shorter. I'll send him an e-mail. :cool:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts

Jealous. So wish I was in a Free State sometimes. Not only to ditch my bullet button but to get a can.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hmm I didn't realize I could go shorter. I'll send him an e-mail. :cool:
yep. I was gonna go 14.5" too...but the AAC Blackout 51t adds 1.875", so you can go down to 14.125" if you want...not that less than half an inch is gonna make any real difference, but I figured what the hell, might as well go as short as possible.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got to test fire the ACR today with the breakout on. Here are the pros and cons of what I thought.

Pros:
Very little muzzle rise and felt recoil was greatly reduced.

Accurate fast follow up shots.

Cons:
Seemed a little loud.

Can see some muzzle flash.

Overall I think it's a nice break and I need some more trigger time on it with differant ammo.

·
Registered
213 Posts
yep. I was gonna go 14.5" too...but the AAC Blackout 51t adds 1.875", so you can go down to 14.125" if you want...not that less than half an inch is gonna make any real difference, but I figured what the hell, might as well go as short as possible.
My barrel arrived at ADCO today and they said they'd make the necessary change. :cool: I want it back NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW

·
Registered
213 Posts
Same here. I think it'll be worth the wait though.
Oh I know it will be. I just got shipping and the delivery confirmation emailed to me, so it'll be here Saturday or Monday. I also ordered 1200 rounds of IMI M193. I think next weekend is gonna be a shooting weekend. :cool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
its loud, hides no flash, and it does not do the brake job well... i pretty much got it for the use to lessen the stress it causes to the baffles on the can.

in fact it shoots 3 flames top,2sides so big it looks like chicken feet flame. lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts