ACR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I love it!! but i kinda have a question, my gun and the magazine it came with are fde. I also have 5 fde Magpul 30 round magazines and they do not match in color with my ACR or the magazine it came with!! why is this? my mags were bought with in the last year and when you put them in my gun they don't match at all anyone know why? thanks !!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thats because the ones that come with the ACR are made for Bushmaster, thats why the Bushmaster logo. ;)

Tell you what. I'll give up 25 bucks for all your magpul FDE mags and you can use that to buy "matching" bushmaster fde mags.... ;) ;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
yea...bushmaster makes the coyote brown p-mags...you can order them on bushmaster's website...magpul dark earth is definitely not the same color as the coyote brown on your acr....

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
^^ correct, the only matching pmags are non windowed straight from bushmaster, someone had some good luck dyeing their fde mags to coyote though

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no thanks 25 bucks isnt worth getting rid of them. dying them would be great , ill do a search on that thanks!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
The bushmaster is a darker brown. A shame they didn't match up the shades with magpul's FDE

·
Registered
80 Posts
You'd think with magpul helping with the design of this rifle they'd release some coyote brown accessories and mags to match.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
There are Pmags. From Bushmaster.com ACR accessories. Not TOO bloated in price, though a small premium was more than expected. Or do you mean EMAG's, etc?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I'd wish they would to but I think they're looking at the numbers and even if it was a even split there aren't that many coyote ACR's out there. It'd be a small production run with a slow return. I'd like to see them add it to their entire line up for all of their accessories.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I might be mistaken but I think the coyote was to match a .mil color? The M110 isn't FDE but is much darker. You're right though, an FDE ACR wouldn't have been too bad, I still would've bought it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the info. I never thought of that since BM really is not competing for the .mil contract. I look at it from the civi/leo sales side and with all magpul's FDE accessories out there. Then from a business side of things BM does not want to sell you and ACR in FDE and you go dress it up from the EE on AR15 with the abundant supply of FDE parts.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I like the Coyote color, I just don't like the lack of matching accessories from Magpul, though understand why. Would have made more sense for Bushmaster to do an FDE ACR and the Remington/Mil-spec ACR in Coyote Brown would make a lot more sense.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i like the coyote color, i just don't like the lack of matching accessories from magpul, though understand why. Would have made more sense for bushmaster to do an fde acr and the remington/mil-spec acr in coyote brown would make a lot more sense.
exactly.....

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
There was a fellow on arf that duracoated his ACR to Magpul FDE when they first came out. It didn't look all that bad that I recall. If you took the time and stripped everything down I think you'd have a nice rifle with all the matching FDE accessories you could want. I think it would look cool to have the black selector, mag release, etc in a two-tone kind of deal.

Oh yeah, check the "early days" thread in the gallery, there was a GenII ACR on there that was FDE.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea i have seen scars that have been dura coated and they looked great but to tell you the truth the acr color has actually grown on me now I just use black mags and accys now for it and im real happy with it

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like the Coyote, there just is nothing out there that matches. I't was not a deal breaker but would be nice to see a little more support from the 2 mfg's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts