ACR Forum banner

Is there any interest in an aftermarket Dual Charging handle still?

67K views 264 replies 53 participants last post by  Ghost B312 
#1 ·
I am getting ready to build some Dual Charging handles soon, and am wondering if anyone is still interested in some. These can be tailored to your preferences to an extent. They will be very close to the factory unit but will be on both sides, for now they will only use the factory plastic knobs (until there is a replacement made)

Options to consider would be the type of metal (Aluminum or Steel). The factory one is steel btw.
The bend angle. These can be straight through, or have the factory bend.
Coating. This can be an option if you want one in the "Gray" but could add to the price since it's a small run.

If these go well, I might consider making more parts down the road.

#8 · (Edited)
I'm getting the design together now, I also though of the relief cuts for the receiver but I believe Nick is correct that the receiver will stop the handle travel regardless of the depth of the cut.

ETA. I also don't have any spare handle knobs so right off the bat they will have to be supplied. I'll look for a pin and see how much the handle knobs will cost for a complete unit. Hopefully they aren't out of stock.

#10 ·
I'm sure that can be arranged. ;)

Hopefully I have a decent update by tomorrow night or Monday on this project. The chips are flying...

#11 ·
I'd be down for one. What's the price range you are thinking?

#13 · (Edited)
I second that... 1 million dollars!

I need to get a list on how many of these people want overall. The biggest issue would be finding someone to coat the handles. This one was made from stainless. It's a little short and doesn't have a bend in it. I can get the metal in 2 days from when I order it.

but until then here's a teaser pic. it's about 98% done.

#15 ·
I want a suppresor :(

#20 ·
we had the house for sale a couple a yrs ago,but had to cancel.current plan is WV in a yr or two.

those CH look good,id like one a little longer tho if thats in the works.

which i see there is.:cool:

#24 ·
I found the pins for the ambi charging handle. I made a test charging handle from 7076 and it weigh's almost nothing. My only real concern is that it might be too weak for hard use. Stainless is heavier but alot beefier overall.

I only need a couple small parts and I can start producing these. I'm gonna try to keep it at about 35 shipped for a handle with the pins, you will need to provide the handles though.

What kind of coating/material does everyone want?

From what I'm gathering, everyone wants a standard bend on both sides and coated. I should be able to make them however you want though.

#27 ·
Ya, I'll try to get a call to them later this week and get some prices. Would Cerakote be cool for the charging handle coating?

Also I did check the bend, it will fit fine through the Charging Handle mechanism.

#33 ·
I like the idea of a delrin insert but I'd be scared it would either melt or break off. I do have immediate access to as much delrin as I'll ever need though.

A relief cut might help but the problem is that it needs to rotate to disengage the front catch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.