ACR Forum banner
241 - 260 of 265 Posts

· Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
I have no prices on the new assemblies at all. They are supposed to be under 100 dollars but I haven't seen the official numbers yet. I don't have any of the original ambi handles leftover at all. I'd have to make more.

· Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
Would you be open to making more handles?
. With the new charging handle assemblies out there’s not much of a point. It’s 63 dollars shipped for a knob and the bar. The entire new assembly is 145 dollars shipped

· Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
They had coyote ones at the nra show. They are going to do them eventually, when is the part I don’t know. I can try to order some coyote knobs and swap them out if you guys really want some ambi handles

· Registered
201 Posts
They had coyote ones at the nra show. They are going to do them eventually, when is the part I don’t know. I can try to order some coyote knobs and swap them out if you guys really want some ambi handles
This is great news! Last I had heard you report, you said it seemed that everything coyote was going away, both complete rifles and small parts.

· Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
There’s a few coyote rifles on the streets now with the new dual coyote folders. Someone on Facebook just posted his up.

I think they were trying to standardize the production some between black and coyote. I know coyote isn’t going anywhere but at the same time it’s not as accessorized with full builds as the black rifles. (Dmr, Sbr, caliber converted, etc...)

· Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
It’s your call honestly. I prefer the gen1 folders over the gen2 ambi setup but with that being said the gen 2 is better. If I can get out of this giant production run I’ll be doing the folders quick. The good is this production run will fund every project I have in development

· Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
I don’t have a folding ambi setup. I have a folder for the new ambi assemblies though.

The issue you run into is getting the folding mechanism through the rifle. It becomes a multiple piece deal which means you’ll sacrifice strength for a dual folder. I’ve considered a bunch of options but nothing I liked has presented itself yet

· Registered
142 Posts
I don’t have a folding ambi setup. I have a folder for the new ambi assemblies though.

The issue you run into is getting the folding mechanism through the rifle. It becomes a multiple piece deal which means you’ll sacrifice strength for a dual folder. I’ve considered a bunch of options but nothing I liked has presented itself yet
Still in for a one sided folder for the new assembly. I haven't installed mine yet but I was kind of apprehensive about having to roll pin the right side knob in place from a disassembly standpoint anyway. Is it relieved to avoid dinking the front and rear of the CH slot and is it reversible? How much do they cost?

Do you have pics of how far the folder sticks out compared to the OEM handle, both folded and open? The original pics in the thread are blurred thanks to photosuckit and their cash grabbing.

· Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
Yeah man, here’s a pic of them. They are dedicated to whichever side you order. They are not reversible. When they are extended it’s very close to the same size As a factory charging handle. Folded they are very compact but not so small that you can’t access them.

Attachments

241 - 260 of 265 Posts