ACR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 265 Posts

· Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to build some Dual Charging handles soon, and am wondering if anyone is still interested in some. These can be tailored to your preferences to an extent. They will be very close to the factory unit but will be on both sides, for now they will only use the factory plastic knobs (until there is a replacement made)

Options to consider would be the type of metal (Aluminum or Steel). The factory one is steel btw.
The bend angle. These can be straight through, or have the factory bend.
Coating. This can be an option if you want one in the "Gray" but could add to the price since it's a small run.

If these go well, I might consider making more parts down the road.

· Registered
720 Posts
Definitely down for one of these, as close to factory as possible (paint, angled bend, steel).

Will this include both charging handles, or will we have to provide both? (Not that it matters, I've got the handles ready to be used!)

· Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm getting the design together now, I also though of the relief cuts for the receiver but I believe Nick is correct that the receiver will stop the handle travel regardless of the depth of the cut.

ETA. I also don't have any spare handle knobs so right off the bat they will have to be supplied. I'll look for a pin and see how much the handle knobs will cost for a complete unit. Hopefully they aren't out of stock.

· Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sure that can be arranged. ;)

Hopefully I have a decent update by tomorrow night or Monday on this project. The chips are flying...

· Registered
571 Posts
I'd be down for one. What's the price range you are thinking?

· Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I second that... 1 million dollars!

I need to get a list on how many of these people want overall. The biggest issue would be finding someone to coat the handles. This one was made from stainless. It's a little short and doesn't have a bend in it. I can get the metal in 2 days from when I order it.

but until then here's a teaser pic. it's about 98% done.

· Registered
2,061 Posts
I want a suppresor :(

· Registered
2,061 Posts

· Registered
2,061 Posts
Escape!!!!!
we had the house for sale a couple a yrs ago,but had to cancel.current plan is WV in a yr or two.

those CH look good,id like one a little longer tho if thats in the works.

which i see there is.:cool:

1 - 20 of 265 Posts