ACR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
thanks for sharing this ! -(I snagged the pics) that stop is something I just might pursue -REALLY love this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I wonder if it improved any on the weapon? Maybe that's why he's selling it... who knows...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wonder if it improved any on the weapon?
Yes, it did. The custom selector-retainer lever spring was created because I sheared the little ledge off the lever the first time I tried to disassemble the trigger pack. BM was in the middle of its shop move and could not be contacted to obtain repair parts. I have a friend who is a machinist and engineer by trade (and an unrepentant gun tinkerer), who was able to fabricate a custom spring and make the necessary mods to the trigger group housing to accept it. In addition to making the spring/lever interface more durable and the trigger group easier to disassemble, the new spring has created a much more positive feel to the selector positions, and allows the use of an unmodified AR hammer spring (no more dog-leg... hello drop-in match trigger groups!). He also fabricated and installed the charging handle stop at the same time, which has pretty much eliminated the peening of the charging handle slot.

I would be happy to post some more detailed pics of the spring and its installation, if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'd love to see that kind of thing offered somewhere for production/modification. I'd really like a more positive feel to the selector. It's a bit mushy.
So does the mod fix the safety issue. That is, does the trigger still fire as though on safe when at 45 degrees?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts