ACR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking a Hunter Safety Course last fall in Maine. During a break a rep from Western Maine Fish and Game was selling 10$ raffle tickets for a brand new Bushmaster ACR. I had only known about the gun from playing Call of Duty. He brought the gun in for us all too look at, that was all it took.

I bought a ticket

Months later the blue ticket was beginning to fall apart in my wallet. On super bowl sunday I got the call... I had won the Bushmaster ACR.

I met the rep at my house and filled out the bill of sale for 10$ !!!! The best 10$ i've ever spent!

When he got there he apologized for the wait, but told me that Bushmaster had thrown in some extras AND that the gun was the first civilian gun released!

I have a few questions I was hoping the ACR community could help me with!
Is there a way I can find out if the gun and serial number has any significance
being the first?

I am looking for a scope to out fit my gun for hunting, any suggestions? (maine woods- medium to close range mostly)

I can't wait for a barrel that supports a more hunting oriented bullet! Will we see it before fall?

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
$10,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NICE WIN!!!!

As far as the serial number, I would guess your best resouce would be bushmaster CS, (good luck)

As far as a scope, I have had very good luck with a Hi-Lux (Leatherwood) CMR. I have it mounted in an American Defense mount and the combo has worked well for what I do. Mostly range shooting between 50-100 yards with occasional 200 yard time. The combo is just under $500, it has held zero in the mount and maybe a click or two off when I remove the mount from the rifle.

Anyway, nice grab, have fun with it. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
well you got the rifle for just about free... why not spend the money you saved on a scope??

trijicon... cant go wrong.

·
Registered
36 Posts
well you got the rifle for just about free... why not spend the money you saved on a scope??

my thoughts exactly......

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Which color? Basic or enhanced? Good kill, in any case. I'm wanting an ACOG myself (RCO) and second that recommendation.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts

Hmmmm, didn't even think that way. Trijicon then, that would go with that rifle perfectly :)

Don't you love when we spend YOUR money :D

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
First off, I HATE YOU!

Second, buy yourself a quality optic, good mags, and ammo. Personally I'd take a well known carbine course.

I knew a guy who won an SR15 and QDSS at one of the AAC shoots. He didn't want to do the paperwork so he didn't take the suppressor.

Jerks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the Black Enhanced version

When everyone says Trijicon, does that mean the ACOG?

Once again I am familiar with the ACOG from playing Call of Duty. I used to use the ACOG with a front grip, which is something else I am interested in. Someone told me to get the front grip with a bipod built in, but I have yet to see one of these.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'll second the "You Suck !!" But Congrats on the nice WIN !!

Question - How old are you....?

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can use the $1400 to buy a very nice hunting rifle with proper optics. The barrels for the ACR don't appear to be coming anytime soon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@CJT50
I guess I sounded pretty dumb with that Trijicon question, what I was referring to was when every one says go with trijicon (which is a company I know..) are they telling me to go with their famous ACOG scopes or any of their scopes for hunting.

@Btpd142
I could pawn this gun for more than $1400, you would be stealing it at $1800, both are moot points considering that I wont be selling the gun anytime soon. The gun is sick, not to mention it's got a unique serial number and it says Windham, Maine. on the side, which is a source of pride.

Why not hunt with this baby!?
I highly doubt that by hunting season they won't have released the 7.62 or the 6.8 barrels which with a dynamic bullet of some kind would be fine for hunting.

I'll save up the money and buy an ACOG!
(Any suggestions as to which model?)

That thing will be a deer killing machine

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
@CJT50
I guess I sounded pretty dumb with that Trijicon question, what I was referring to was when every one says go with trijicon (which is a company I know..) are they telling me to go with their famous ACOG scopes or any of their scopes for hunting.
Dumb, no,,,,,,I didn't know what your experience level was. There are alot of gun onwers out there that don't know what Trijicon is. Even at work, most people think all they make are night sights. :)

As far as what scope, only you can answer that question. If I was going for a fixed power, it would be the TA33 without question. From their hunting line, a 1x-4x with a 30mm tube. For my uses I find better value at a lower price point. But I didn't get my ACR for $10 either ;)

Have fun with you optics hunt, it can get very frustrating with all the choices available.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congrats on the rifle, I wouldn't hold my breath on the new barrels. There have been rumors flying around about new releases for barrels since the rifle was released and none of them have been right. Add that to the fact that they recently changed factories and I have stopped looking for dates, I just accepted that when they release them I will buy one. People are having a hard enough time getting accessories and replacement parts as it is, although one day I will have a 300 AAC/Blackout barrel.

·
Registered
748 Posts

Yup.

@CJT50
Good save! I think your original question had some of us wondering if you were just a MW2 fanboy (not that any of us here are that or anything :D).

I'll save up the money and buy an ACOG!
(Any suggestions as to which model?)
Yeah, you definitely cannot go wrong with an ACOG (besides the dent in your wallet, of course). I bought a TA01NSN. It's the most popular model and widely used within the shooter/military community. It's also excellent if you are used to the crosshairs of conventional scopes. Here's the best price I found on it (where I bought mine): http://www.red-dot-scopes.com/triji...ced-combat-optical-gunsight-4x32-ta01nsn.html

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yup.

Good save! I think your original question had some of us wondering if you were just a MW2 fanboy (not that any of us here are that or anything :D).

Yeah, you definitely cannot go wrong with an ACOG (besides the dent in your wallet, of course). I bought a TA01NSN. It's the most popular model and widely used within the shooter/military community. It's also excellent if you are used to the crosshairs of conventional scopes. Here's the best price I found on it (where I bought mine): http://www.red-dot-scopes.com/triji...ced-combat-optical-gunsight-4x32-ta01nsn.html
Thanks for the lead on the scope I hadn't found any one selling them below $1,000

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do you shoot at Scarborough F/G? I'm in Maine as well.
No, although I am familiar with the range. I shoot at the Western Maine Fish and Game range in Harrison, (mostly trap before I got my ACR).

I actually wouldn't have won the ACR if I wasn't getting my Gun club membership. Usually it's $20 for the year, but if you were a new member and were taking the hunter safety course it was only $10. I had a $20 bill and he didn't have any change, what he did have was a $10 raffle ticket.... Best decision ever

I guess some guys bought like 10 tickets, and I didn't go to the drawing

1 - 20 of 31 Posts