ACR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all complain how the ACR is heavy. Well lets all sit around and brain storm ways to make the ACR lighter. Who knows maybe bushy is watching and taking notes..lol. I will begin by inquiering about a lite barrel, I think the M4 profile is long played out. M4 profile makes sense in an M4. A lite barrel kind of like the SCARs would definitely help out the ACR shed some weight, specially at the nose were its heavy. I havent held one yet, but from what I keep hearing it must be a room clearing night mare. imagine trying to hold the weapon with your right hand only while you open a door with the other, there went your wrist!

Give your opinions on what parts of the ACR it can afford to shed some weight on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Different bbl assemblies will b available from bushy soon. Aftermarket shouldn't take too long thereafter. I'm thinking 13.7" heavy with "Flaming Pig". Somebody will offer a light barrel assy. Until then do lots of curls, get a forward grip, and open the door with your foot!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL at opening the door with foot :D, Although this is the norm in the military. LE threads on thin ice when it comes to ckiking doors. All humor aside, this is a carbine and it has the weight of a rifle, bushy needs to make some revisions to lighten the load. For most of the civillian users this is not an issue, half the time you shoot from a bench rest. But if bushy wants to be serious about govt contracts and that sort of thing, then they need to pay attention to this. I have faith the ACR will evolve into a great rifle, we all know the AR is still evolving.

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
It's the barrel.

The XCR for example is 7.3lbs with a light barrel, and balloons up to 8+lbs with a heavy barrel.

The best option for getting the weight down is to SBR it of course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts