ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used a sea sponge started with od green then added black brown lighter green and a little tan. Began it all with adhesion promoter. Eotech xps2 and inforce light with multi color leds and pressure switch. Pinned and locked stock and 30/10 pmag from midwest px. Any suggestions for my setup or paint are welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
That's nice. I would love to do an OD & black mix. Did you just use krylon?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Lookin' good!

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep krylon. Supposed to adhere to plastic well. Plus im a fan of the bulldog adhesion promoter I blacked out the grills on my car and it helped well. I think I need more tan or none at all. Ill try putting it in its respective environment. I have to give respect to the man that started the krylon thread and those that wanted to see these colors. I would have done an urban desert scheme but im glad I did this. It turned out well. I was going to hit it with a satin clear coat to protect it but upon testing on an xtm rail panel its too glossy. But as someone mentioned .....if it chips or wears it still looks good. Thanks everyone! I may sell my black k basic stock for a price you can't say no too but I may guinea pig a different scheme if anyone has a suggestion. More pics on the way.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
That looks really nice. I'm telling ya, there are some very talented, innovative people on this board...

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I havnt even put a round through it yet. Again I thank everyone for their support and ideas. I wouldn't have don't it without the members on the forum. So I havnt tried creating a poll forum yet but id like to know w other colors people would like to see. Desert and woodland are on here. I can do snow and od green and brown on my black basic stock easily. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Good job. That camo looks very useful and if it ever chips you may benefit.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It kind off stands out but I don't have any thick foliage in the back yard. If I goto the pine forest it would blend better. I may add a little dark grey to it. I took a few pics but they wont upload. I think the file may be too large. Ill try it from a pc later on.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ok I had to text the pic to myself because the file size was too large. Seems to be the issue when I take photos outdoors. Ill try taking more in other wooded areas. Im thinking it needs a little lighter green I've since added a bit more tan and olive. I know the light sticks out but I use it dismounted from the weapon also and am not ready to paint it but probably will.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Ok I had to text the pic to myself because the file size was too large. Seems to be the issue when I take photos outdoors. Ill try taking more in other wooded areas. Im thinking it needs a little lighter green I've since added a bit more tan and olive. I know the light sticks out but I use it dismounted from the weapon also and am not ready to paint it but probably will.
That's a neat floating flashlight you have there... oh wait, that's just your AWESOME camo doing its job.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I may paint it. May be a bit tricky cause of the recessed lines in it. Ill do the shroud for the Eotech but may wait to do it on a gg&g one to maintain its resale value. Im happy how it came out. I may have to put it in a warmer area so maybe the paint will cure. I recommend anyone try this out. Im interested in an urban scheme with varying greys . Thanks everyone. Time to go break it in. If only the weather would cooperate.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Good job. Now figure out how to do it in digi marpat green

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok Tommy again I love the marines camouflage over my acu any day. It actually works. But I don't think I can do a good job digitizing a paint job. I think the blurry sponge technique may blend better over digital anyway. But the marpat uses colors that actually work. But thanks for everyones positive feedback. And Tommy I think it was you who got me started on this one back in the krylon thread anyway. So thank you. Plus not to mention this cost me maybe $30. In the back of my mind I still compare rattle canning my acr is like putting cheap rims on a caddy. But everyones feedback helps that I did a good job.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts