ACR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a light Mount for a Surefire Mini-scout that works like the Gear Sector Scout Mount but is not canted as much. The GS mount will not work on the side rail of the ACR. I have my scout direct mounted to the ACR receiver. However it interferes with my PEQ-15 illuminator. I need something that will mount on the left rail and put the light slightly above the bore axis, but leave enough room for the PEQ to mount all the way forward.

I have tried GS and Danger Close Consulting. Any light mounts I am missing besides the S&S $200 mount?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. Though I think the Larue Mount suffers from the same issue and will not work on an ACR side rail. And I never understood the reasoning for a QD return to Zero light mount. All of my lights are 20MOA

Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it aint a PEQ/DBAL (IR), I dont think I would have a laser on a gun. Plus unless its mounted to the top rail or your new rail, it wouldnt hold zero anyway. I always prefer lasers above the boreline.

And the Larue setup is for a scout mount...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spam away good sir. I have tried a lot of lights for rifles, Fenix, Jetbeam, surefire, streamlight, etc.

The surefire lights are built much better than the rest. I would never use a fenix, jetbeam or non-weapon specific light on a defensive weapon.

I really used to dislike surefire because of the cost, but after taking apart an X400 i see where their added cost comes in. While they may do the HK thing and get some brand profit, they are definitely better built lights.

The VLTOR mounts are uninspired and ADM mounts drive me nuts. As much as I generally dont like Larue, they do make the best QD optic Mounts around.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
APWR,

Not sure I follow those last few posts. I am cetainly not an inventor of any magnitude, I end up breaking more than I fix. Your side rail fix is a great solution.

I prefer lasers above the boreline and all the way forward. I prefer Larue Mounts over ADM.

Which flashlight are you talking about in that pic above?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts