ACR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how this happened, I was taking the barrel off and the next thing I know, the level snapped off.

Would a gunsmith be able to fix this or do i have to ship to Bushmaster and wait god knows how long

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
you might be able to weld it back together, bm probably would send you an extra one without you sending your rifle back though

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Fellow on arf had the same thing happen to him some time back. Post up a pic or two if you can, I'd like to see where they are breaking at.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
you might be able to weld it back together, bm probably would send you an extra one without you sending your rifle back though
The lever is held on by a single screw, give'em a call. Should be an ez self fix.

+1 on the picture please. Curious to see where the failure occured.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Whoa, that's not good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No idea how it happened. As far as I know, I was using the lever correctly? Someone posted something about it on Facebook, and his gunsmith said it snapped due to improper heat treating? Not so sure

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Hey guys,

Here are the pics. I sent BM an e-mail, I guess it would be faster to just call them?

Thanks for posting the pictures. I heard somewhere BFI stated they had a batch with bad heat treating. As you noticed, the handle assembly is held on by one screw. EZ fix if you can convince them to send the part. I would follow up the e-mail with a phone call. I think they are in the middle of thier Windham ME plant closing move.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I just tried calling them, and they said I need to send the gun back before since they don't have any spare parts lying around...?

My only concern is I'm getting my barrel cut to 14.5" and re-contoured so save some weight...are they gonna blame this issue cause of that? I wish they would just send that one measely part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts