ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for feedback on current ballistic helmets. I've got a sds warrior that's a bit to small, I wear a 7 1/8 and it's a med. So I'm going to buy something new soon. Looking at the top tier of stuff right now IE: Fast, Fast Maritime, Team Wendy exfil, and the airframe. You all with long term experience under any of these please give me some feedback. I will be using them as a NOD hanger

·
Registered
546 Posts
I also wear a 7 1/8, sometimes 7 1/4 depending. My go to helmet is a medium crye airframe. Way better than the issued ACH. The Ops Core is nice but I'm not a fan of the ratchet style helmet straps. Most people I know who are going between the Ops Core and Crye seem to base their decision on whether they like the ratchet style tensioning system Ops Core uses since that seems to be either an "I love it" or "I hate it" with most who use it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
As far as the Airframe goes I have not, I'm sure if it was a little loose you could just get a thicker pad. The Airframe uses Team Wendy pads and the helmet strap is the one from Ops Core that are for the ACH.So you have options for making adjustments. For example I'm a lefty so I have the strap for leftys with the buckle on the opposite side. I really can't recommend the Crye Airframe enough.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a M/L maritime in multicam with lux liner today. I still want to try an Airframe though. I tried a M on at the gun show last year and it looked small on me so I think I would need the Large. Thanks for the input cows

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
Well that's convenient... I happen to wear a small and will be driving through indi next week ;)

They are good people, they will fix it for you man.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ran an OPS Core, Team Wendy (Non Ballistic), tried a PT high cut alpha for S&G's, and eventually wound back up with a High cut MICH/ACH Level III. I'm basically running a Wendy Exfil retention system on it and its comfy as hell. 8-10 hours with the 14's and no issues. Running a weight kit on the back, with 2 lead plates and some backup double a's. Wendy is heavy as hell. Ops Core was alright, but I have a big head and didn't like its weight distribution as much as the ACH. Pics for fun. As far as comfort, I like the ACH, then the PT. Ops core was alright. Wendy was comfy, wayyyyyy too heavy. So it's gone now helm.jpg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Currently I utilize this skate helmet more or less as a carrier for my gadgets and incase I bump my head on the move. I will be upgrading to an OPS core ballistic helmet soon. Just haven't had the need since I have my issued Kevlar helmet with my work kit.

Helmet features a polymer Norotos universal shroud knockoff, Surefire helmet light with blue/white(I have a red/white light I keep in plate carrier pouch), MS2000 emgency stobe, IR American flag, IR blood type, NVG Rhino arm, Bolle Tactical Goggles, Magpul Picatinny rail section for future Contour video camera, NVG counter weight pouch, GK1(Green Knights Tactical) team callsign identifier, Velcro sections, and some camouflage paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Lol I wish I was creative. I got the idea from US Special Forces. SEALs and Delta have used Protec skate helmets for years until ballistic helmets cut weight.
Thanks Tattooo. I love it. Lightweight and not too bulky. My issued Kevlar is a pain in the ass, but at least it protects my dome. lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts