ACR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any options out there for aftermarket hand guards besides nexus? I like their hand guards, they are just a little pricey for me at the moment.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Some people have managed to adapt various airsoft ACR handguards to the real ACR, but due to the differences between an airsoft rifle and the real deal there's some work to be done if you want those things to fit wiggle free.

The WE-Tech MSK handguard is the most popular airsoft one because it's as close as you can get to a Remington handguard without needing to sell a kidney.

·
Registered
393 Posts
That depends on how much work you wanna do. Some people have re-threaded the screw holes in the rail to accommodate a bigger bolt that fits in the rifle slot. I used M5 screws along with Magpul MOE flat nuts. I tighten them down when the rail is attached. Nice, tight fit with zero movement.
IMG_20160222_173756507.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've not had an issue with my WE-Tech... 20161115_105612_1479257603690.jpg

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have a keymod HG from evike (in addition to the WE MSK and the Nexus Tactical CL-3) and can attest it is garbage. The other two are solid.

I was going to try to resell it to get my money back but I can't bring myself to put it up for sale like it would hold up on a real rifle. So I'm eating the cost.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a keymod HG from evike (in addition to the WE MSK and the Nexus Tactical CL-3) and can attest it is garbage. The other two are solid.

I was going to try to resell it to get my money back but I can't bring myself to put it up for sale like it would hold up on a real rifle. So I'm eating the cost.
Disappointed to hear that, but at least I know not to waste my money on it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
From what I read, they said it would fit but you can't use the barrel wrench. YMMV
The front locks up fine, the rear conflicts with the ears that hold the barrel wrench, even if you remove the barrel wrench you still have to radius the mount to clear the ears of the QD ring - If you have the non qd trunion it would fit just fine and then you have a very slim, very light, very cheap option - they are 25 bucks right now so you could go through 10 and break even compared to most others - they are as durable as they need to be for range and general use - if you want to use a hammer on one, maybe you own the wrong type of weapon. They do get hot because of how narrow they are so use gloves. You can cerakote it for some increased resistance to heat, maybe even spray the barrel or use reflective tape on the inside but it's going to get hot.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts