ACR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning! The collective over on Reddit suggested joining the ACR forums as the happening place for ACR fans.

Like many of us I first noticed the ACR in Modern Warfare 2. I saw an ACR Basic and Enhanced at the local shop a few years later and my jaw dropped at how beautiful they were. Early on I totally loved the railed handguard but liked the fixed stock. These days I love the polymer handguard and adjustable stock. Didn't take the plunge back then because the ACR prices were insane. Our store was selling them for like $2,500 to $3,500. It was the only store that ever had them in stock, so I thought those prices were normal. Then the rifle quietly disappeared.

Enter 2018. I decided it was time to buy a new rifle. I settled on the ACR and managed to get one. At actually reasonable prices under $2K.

Then I learned the sad history of the ACR and how poorly it was treated. And I was crest fallen. I had never seen it on Future Weapons, I had no idea about the modular nature of the rifle before I got it. I will admit I wanted it just because of Modern Warfare and Battlefield. Now I know better. But hey, at least they were producing barrel conversion kits finally, right?

Then Remington implodes. That was both awesome and terrible as a new ACR fan. Good riddance. But now what for the ACR? Was so happy when I saw Franklin Armory buy out Bushmaster and learned they had the total technical package on the ACR. I am optimistic they are working on the ACR 2.0 that is backwards and forwards compatible with the original ACR.

Enough of that, time for photos of my baby.

Absolutely love the RPM Tool handguards. Has the look and feel of the original polymer handguard, but much more adjustable and functional. I like the look of the fixed stock, but she's a tad short. I snagged a Remdef fixed stock adapter for the adjustable stock and it's on the way. I'm looking at SBRing her, but I've not settled on the barrel length yet.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Welcome aboard! That’s a nice looking rifle! Lately, we’ve been getting by with aftermarket parts, but are hoping for good things from Franklin as well. Feel free to probe the resources around here in the mean time.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome. Check out the forum on barrel lengths for a SBR. If you go to 12.5" you can have your factory barrel cut down. If you go the 10.5" route you'll need a new barrel and work done on the rod due to the gas port being closer to the receiver. Bigdog owns Templar Precision and Marvin Pitts owns Nefarious Arms, both can do the barrel work for you. ADCO can also do barrel work but I'm not sure how well they can make a 10.5 if you choose it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome to the club, I finally just picked up an ACR too because the PSA Jakl was taking too long to be released! I really dig those rail scales, and just a nice looking gun overallr!

Just out of curiosity, what does your rifle weigh right now? mine's right at 10lbs with an empty mag, you can see my setup in my Intro thread so as not to clutter yours up! been contemplating getting a longer RPM rail but she's already such a PIG I'm not sure I want to add more weight even though i would like to be able to grip a little further down!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts