ACR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone I'm going to be getting a steyr aug 3 and want to know what is all included when buy one. Also is it better to purchase a used one and used the extra money saved to go towards upgrading the aug more or get a used one with upgrades?
Any guidance and advice will be greatly appreciated. Always loved the look of the aug & this is going to be my one and only bullpup purchase. I'm mostly a pistol guy since my last back surgery went south on me, been selling/all my long guns since standing activities have become difficult.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Depends on what your stance on chrome lined barrels is. Recently, Steyr moved from chrome lined barrels to nitrided barrels and moved from the original proprietary muzzle thread to 1/2x28 thread. Those new barrels are probably more aftermarket friendly, but not "purist" friendly. So, getting a used one will be the better route for the purists.

Also, how good is your ability to take apart and reassemble things? The trigger of the AUG is one of the worst things about it so getting a pack upgrade is worth it, but if you can't perform the task then you should get one where it's already done. You don't see the upgraded trigger pack sold on its own very often as most times it'll just be part of a whole rifle being sold.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts