ACR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed this. After reading up on the safety issue I check my two guns. One has an SSA, the other is stock, the SSA equipped gun works as it should. Doesn't fire off fire, and you cannot over-ride the safety with the trigger. Anyone else find this is true. SSA equipped gun is a very early gun that never went back for recall, standard is a newer post recall gun.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Hmm I thought it had to do the plastic safety more than the trigger. Maybe your safety on the other just isn't as worn? IIRC your SSA is your SBR which is the more used than your 14.5, so that's definitely interesting. Have you broken it down recently? I'd be very interested if you could compare the male and female end of each safety and see if there's any noticible wear on the one that does seem to be affected.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Maybe a reason to expedite my purchase of an SSA.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone should verify. Actually it's on my 14.5 which has 4500 rounds on it. It's a very noticeable difference. I am going to buy another SSA for the 10.5 and I will know for sure. Was hoping someone could swap triggers and try. I also font have the folding stock safety problem on either of my guns. I have tried everything to get it to flip the safety, and it just won't happen.

I'll have to pull both apart and see the mechanical differences and why it's doing what it's doing.

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
my safety's can be overridden by the safety being flipped a little bit and i'm running ssa-e's on both of my acr's

i'm using the factory hammer spring btw

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Oh, well. I was just looking for any reason to push myself toward the SSA. :)
Still, I'd be interested to see what the difference is that geotron has on his one rifle.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I replaced my factory trigger group with an Armalite single stage trigger group, and there's a noticeable difference as well. with the Bushmaster trigger, it would still fire even if it was only a hair off the safety marking...but with the Armalite trigger, it has to be almost all the way to the fire marking before it will fire.

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
Oh, well. I was just looking for any reason to push myself toward the SSA. :)
Still, I'd be interested to see what the difference is that geotron has on his one rifle.
dude do it, they are so smooth when they hit the 2nd stage, its amazing, definately worth the money

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
dude do it, they are so smooth when they hit the 2nd stage, its amazing, definately worth the money
I will once my gun fund builds up a little again. I felt one on a POF and fell in love. That coupled with a zeroing that took WAY too many rounds because I messed up the first two groups with bad trigger control. I'd go to pull a precise shot thinking that I had a complete pull and it would only go half way. It's definitely my next purchase.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
On my ACR w/ SSA if the safety is moved out of the notch and the trigger is pulled the safety will rotate to allow the trigger to fire.

The trigger box should have been milled to allow the use of a standard spring and detent set up like an AR. With the spring/detent dropping in from the top and being held in place with a roll pin or simple set screw.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
meanwhile iam handing out personal beat down's for bushmaster come on people this is acr fourm not acr bash forum
I think some are pissed about the rumors.some know this and that but cant say.others want to know,but... they arent in the special club,ect,ect.not dogging anyone,but people just want to know.me i can wait,we all will get what we want one way or another.just be patient.andv if i dont,ill sell it and buy an XCR which i am seriously considering.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I'm going to get another SSA for my AR, maybe two if I can swing it. Great triggers.

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
we went out today and were shooting golf balls at 100 meters consistently, the geissele was freaking sweet, it breaks very smooth imo

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought a second SSA to try out on my SBR, no luck, it didnt make a lick of difference. I need to take out both trigger packs and see what is going on. Not sure if it is selector geometry... but that would be my guess

1 - 14 of 14 Posts