ACR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Frost, I know you're still in the launch phase of your site. I'm looking for a OWB holster that will fit tighter to the body than my current Blackhawk Serpa Holsters. Coming from my summer carry IWB holster that always stays with my body, I'm moving to my SERPA more this time of year. I just hate that my "Glock tumor" appears on my hip every time that I bend over or to the side. It didn't used to be such an issue, but now I have to chase around a 3 year-old on my days off. My question/request is, how tightly to the body does the holster ride OWB (ETA: compared to a SERPA)? I'd love to see some more photos and/or videos showing the holster in use OWB. (which I'm sure that you're working on. Hell, for an additional discount, I would post a video myself for content ;))

Also, can you provide more info on the Frost bite loops? Is it that they go from OWB to IWB?

ETA: And I'd want to upgrade to a combo pouch, but do you know if your cuff/mag pouches accept ASP cuffs?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hey Tackle,

As much as I genuinely love the Serpa systems I understand what you mean about their bulk. There are certainly trade offs to both, they have some great tech in their locking mechanisms while ours are friction fit. However we postition your weapon right up against your body. A great example is one we did for a gentlement who primarily carried his FNP45 Tactical w/ X300 & Burris Fast fire optic (he lives in remote areas of Alaska where this is usual for bear protection). You can see a few pictures of it on the site but the best one is on the "concealed carry" tab. He was able to comfortably and successfully conceal it under a simple button up shirt, while also wearing a dual mag pouch for those huge double stackers on the other side.

The videos will be up soon. We're going to be renting out a portion of the range to shoot a few quick videos and pictures. As for the handcuffs, would you provide the model of the ASPs that I can look them up and check fitment.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Okay, I see that photo now. It was just a little hard to tell at that angle. Looks great.

The ASP handcuffs that I use can be found here http://www.asponlinestore.com/category_s/1.htm the first ones (product code: 56101). It's not totally necessary. My spare set is Peerless 700, so I can just use those when off duty. As it is, with the bulk of the SERPA, I usually just carry the pistol in the holster, have a spare mag in my off-side pocket, and keep a restraint in my personal car. It's a compromise that I'd rather not make and I like the idea of being able to carry the cuffs with me and leaving that mag out of my pocket.

I'd probably get one for my Glock 23 and maybe get one for my 1911 if I like it. Frankly, it's a little more pricey compared to some stuff that I've seen. But I'm a believer in supporting small companies like yours. And with your involvement here, I'm far more likely to do business with you.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Okay, I see that photo now. It was just a little hard to tell at that angle. Looks great.

The ASP handcuffs that I use can be found here http://www.asponlinestore.com/category_s/1.htm the first ones (product code: 56101). It's not totally necessary. My spare set is Peerless 700, so I can just use those when off duty. As it is, with the bulk of the SERPA, I usually just carry the pistol in the holster, have a spare mag in my off-side pocket, and keep a restraint in my personal car. It's a compromise that I'd rather not make and I like the idea of being able to carry the cuffs with me and leaving that mag out of my pocket.

I'd probably get one for my Glock 23 and maybe get one for my 1911 if I like it. Frankly, it's a little more pricey compared to some stuff that I've seen. But I'm a believer in supporting small companies like yours. And with your involvement here, I'm far more likely to do business with you.
I appreciate that Tackle,

During our R&D and marketing research we looked at the price of other sytems and such. Every system is currently handcrafted from scratch (except the belt loops which will be water jetted out of the same rigid kydex). This ensures a non "cookie-cutter" process and attention to detail. They are also backed by our lifetime guaruntee.

·
Premium Member
3,088 Posts
Yeah. Im def getting some gear from you. I need a belt holster for SOG seal pup. Think you can handle that?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yeah. Im def getting some gear from you. I need a belt holster for SOG seal pup. Think you can handle that?
Sure thing Tommy,

I'd need the SOG for for molding but would would have back to you promplty with the sheath.
You could end up sending it with the Sig if we work out a deal for the T-1.

·
Premium Member
3,088 Posts
I think im going to go with vb3's deal man. Its just too good of a price. But im still going to get some gear from you

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I think im going to go with vb3's deal man. Its just too good of a price. But im still going to get some gear from you
Can't blame you brother, VB3 has some great deals going.
Submit the Order request when your ready to go.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Frost, the Frost Bite loops. Are they for IWB and OTW? I'm mid-order.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Awesome. Thanks, Frost. Turn around time?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Frost, set to order now bit got a few quick questions. I need a Glock 17 with an Insight Procyon, would you need the light? I think its the same size as an M3, but didn't see that in the regular light area. Also, will the gun fit in the light/gun holster without the light? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Last minute bump. I ordered a OWB holster for my Glock 23 and along with the mag pouch, I got a carrier molded for a surefire G2X Pro. It's my Christmas gift from my wife. Frost has been great with contact and help. I even ran into a snag (on my end) and he was happy to take a phone call to resolve it. I felt a little bad because I think it may have been his personal cell.

I'm eagerly awaiting delivery.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Last minute bump. I ordered a OWB holster for my Glock 23 and along with the mag pouch, I got a carrier molded for a surefire G2X Pro. It's my Christmas gift from my wife. Frost has been great with contact and help. I even ran into a snag (on my end) and he was happy to take a phone call to resolve it. I felt a little bad because I think it may have been his personal cell.

I'm eagerly awaiting delivery.
Hey Tackle I appreciate the input and my cell is always available for questions.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.