ACR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I picked up my CB ACR today at one shop them headed out to another for all the goodies and a ACOG 4x32 to put on it. I bought the basic/folder and was told I could use Magpul MOE rails for a fore grip and other items. When I tried to mount the rails the heat shield creates too much space for the screw to start and tighten. I am sure someone here has run into this and was hoping for a solution. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
13 Posts
When using the metal brackets make sure the side that is punctured outward faces towards the barrel. There are plastic guides between the metal heat shield attached to the MOE hand guard that will guide the metal slats into place. I used a phillips head screwdriver to get them into position before attaching the rail itself.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
I only added one rail panel on the bottom and have the punched out part facing down. It crimped the shield a bit. So im guessing turn it outward for additional ones mounted on the sides?

·
Registered
13 Posts
You want the punched out part facing the inside of the hand guard. I couldn't get mine to fit in with it facing outwards at all. If you have it in right it should be able to slide up and down the plastic groove freely without binding up too much ( mine tends to get stuck between the holes ). I went through the same kind of mind screw when I was first trying to put them in since neither the MOE hand guard or rail attachments come with any specific instructions for how to attach such devices.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to mount the bottom rail with your instructions but the side rails (don't need at the moment) caused the whole thing to bind when I tried to put it back on. Even when I backed out the screws and it would not line up to push the pin back through.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Looks good, JB. glad they could get you on the right path.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Not bad. I really wish Bushmaster would get a Coyote Brown AFG, though. As it is, planning on dying or duracoating one.

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
my basic handguard has a slot you put the nut through on the back of the handguard (under the heat shield), then it slides forward where you need it to be, i have a picatinni on mine and didnt bend anything

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
my basic handguard has a slot you put the nut through on the back of the handguard (under the heat shield), then it slides forward where you need it to be, i have a picatinni on mine and didnt bend anything
Yeah, same here. I couldn't tell if you were actually crimping the hear shield. No good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same question till I realized the nut goes under the heat shield in-between it and the polymer hand guard. Thanks for the info. Was scratching my head for a while till I came here for the answer

·
Registered
213 Posts
Does anybody here use the MOE illumination kit? I don't have my tailcap with the pressure switch yet so I haven't put the adhesive down with the tape switch, but the plastic housing that goes around the tape slides freely and pops out easily from the MOE handguard. Is it supposed to be able to be pulled out of the handguard slot so easily?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Does anybody here use the MOE illumination kit? I don't have my tailcap with the pressure switch yet so I haven't put the adhesive down with the tape switch, but the plastic housing that goes around the tape slides freely and pops out easily from the MOE handguard. Is it supposed to be able to be pulled out of the handguard slot so easily?
Once you apply the adhesive, it will stay in place. I use it and have had no problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts