ACR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DSA OSW used by a contractor in Iraq. Goes to show those older cold war weapons are still perfectly viable in the 21st century in the age of SCAR's and HK416's.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
That magazine is massive. I'm not familiar with the rifle. Is it a 30rd .308?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Sorry, I'm familiar with the FAL, but I wasn't sure about the OSW designation. That is a beast

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
ok.whats OSW?

btw is your sig line true?i think thats awesome!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
ok.whats OSW?

btw is your sig line true?i think thats awesome!
Quick off topic......

Yes, Sheriff Judd said that during a news conference. It was on the local new here, I just live down the street from Polk county. He is a very unique personality.

On topic..........

The FAL is a timeless rifle, which is a battle proven design that just works. Considering it final design is over 50 years old. It is what the M-14 should have been, but politics got in the way of that. (what a surprise)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
A FAL Para with 18" barrel is one helluva rifle. Sometimes I wonder why I sold mine.....

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The FAL is a timeless rifle, which is a battle proven design that just works. Considering it final design is over 50 years old. It is what the M-14 should have been, but politics got in the way of that. (what a surprise)

Given that we now see the success and modular of the FAL, I can easily speculate that the AR15 might have never gone mainstream if the FAL had been accepted by the USA.

Very easily, the FAL could had lasted us from the Vietnam was until today without breaking a sweat.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I can easily speculate that the AR15 might have never gone mainstream if the FAL had been accepted by the USA.
I reckon the AR still would've came around. The M16 was brought about by ol' Curtis LeMay and the Air Force. The powers that were worried about mechanized warfare in Europe so wanting a small rifle with lots of bullets was gaining popularity with the newer generation of soldiers even if the old timers were still wed to steel and wood.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
is DSA a reputable comp.thinking about a FAL.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'm not really sure. I just recognized the name because of a poster that my LT has in his office. I don't think he owns one. Probably a freebie.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
whos a good comp to get an FAL from?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
ok,i misunderstood your last post.im not to familiar with the FAL,other than basic knowledge,never shot one.im torn btween M14 or FAL.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts