ACR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on removing my AAC flash hider and going to install a Surefire Muzzle Brake MB556K next week. Will take pictures and maybe video soon.

Just curious if anyone else has a muzzle brake on their ACR and if so which one?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Personally I don't care for muzzle breaks. They work, but bless it they are loud in an indoor range. Even with plugs and muffs on the ears, it still bothers me. Outdoors on the other hand, they do shine!!

I'm just using the AAC black out that came with the rifle for now

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
[quote author=cjt50 link=topic=135.msg692#msg692 date=1283331315]
Personally I don't care for muzzle breaks. They work, but bless it they are loud in an indoor range. Even with plugs and muffs on the ears, it still bothers me. Outdoors on the other hand, they do shine!!

I'm just using the AAC black out that came with the rifle for now
[/quote]

Get a KAC triple tap or a Battle Comp (http://www.battlecomp.com).

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
[quote author=ACRFan link=topic=135.msg720#msg720 date=1283608622]

[/quote]

The only real new muzzle brake I have used is the PWS type that came on the scar. I wish I could find someone that had each of these so I could see - hear - feel them on a range.

Has anyone been able to compare these?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Just saw the price of the KAC triple tap. WOW!!! :eek:

That one is outta my price range. The battle comp on the other hand appeared to be an interesting design. Wish I could try one.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
[quote author=FraternityRogue link=topic=135.msg902#msg902 date=1285520693]
i love the AAC Blackout great price and almost no flash at night
[/quote]

The more I use the one on my ACR, the more I want to replace the PWS break on my SCAR. The Blackout does work as advertized.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I have it on 3 of my rifles! i got my first one with my AAC M4-1000 and a lot of ranges dont let you use suppressors so id be just using the flash hider it came with. then i took my rifle for a little bit of some spotlighting in the desert and i could even see the flash when my body was firing it

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
[quote author=FraternityRogue link=topic=135.msg905#msg905 date=1285605269]
...a lot of ranges dont let you use suppressors...
[/quote]

So, let me get this straight. My rifle isn't loud enough? There are folks at the range I shoot at the same way. The official rules don't say a thing other than no full-autos but I get looks every time.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
All the ranges where i live especially in my home town have huge signs that say no class 3 weapons what so ever! and their excuse on Suppressors is we want to be able to hear the round go down range

·
Registered
34 Posts
[quote author=ACRFan link=topic=135.msg720#msg720 date=1283608622]

The only real new muzzle brake I have used is the PWS type that came on the scar. I wish I could find someone that had each of these so I could see - hear - feel them on a range.

Has anyone been able to compare these?[/QUOTE]
I use PWS...Hands down! But if you want to be a show off KAC by all means.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't know anything about these other comps, but I can can say a Miculek comp works great. No muzzle climb, pushes straight back. BUT it's loud as hell without hearing protection. thats why I'm putting the AAC flash hider back on and searching for something else.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Damn just found this post...I put something in the general forum about this. Seems like the BC is the one to go with. But doesnt the ACR have less muzzle climb to begin with? So could this comp cause it to dip a little/dive/push down?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I use the PWS FSC556 and its little brother, the TTO, as well as various flash hiders, and i like the TTO by far the best because it makes it so easy to fire rapidly and stay perfectly on target, and unless you have a good excuse as to why you dont want someone to see your muzzle flash, like being in firefights all the time, then who cares about muzzle flash, and there's almost no reason to be shooting without ear pro, at least at length, so the additional noise created by a comp shouldn't really matter.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Damn just found this post...I put something in the general forum about this. Seems like the BC is the one to go with. But doesnt the ACR have less muzzle climb to begin with? So could this comp cause it to dip a little/dive/push down?[/QUOTE

There isn't any compensator/brake that will direct the muzzle downward, they are all tuned as best as possible to neutralize muzzle climb, not overpower it and force your muzzle downwards

1 - 16 of 16 Posts