ACR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, im a newbie, just starting out at reloading. i will take them to the range tomorrow to see how they do against factory american eagle 223.

Hodgdon H335 24gr
CCI 400 Primer
Remington 223 Brass
Remington 55gr FMJ

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Excellent!!

After you pop the 1st couple, I wish I could see the satisfaction on you face.....(you'll be smilin' ear to ear)

Have fun

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Hell yeah! I remember shooting my first reloads. I wanted to hurry and get done shooting so I could go back to the bench!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice setup. How's that case trimmer work? Nice and precise? Post pics of your groups when you can.
case trimmer works as any standard case trimmer i guess. lock it in place at the shortest you want the case, then screw in the allen heads. it does have a "rough" bushing and a "fine" bushing to get it to an exact science with calculations, but what i do is shave a case down to be my reference. the push the bushings to the max and touching the case mouth, i lock it down so from there it's not going to go past it.

it's like 90$ or so. im sure u can find another brand that does the exact same thing cheaper, like lymann or lee. i just went with the green one to contrast my red, it's like christmas all year around.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Gigabit I almost got the same trimmer you have but I have 200 virgin cases and no barrel to shoot my reloads through yet so I held off. I did some reloads today. I meant to do 20 and got carried away and did 50. I may only shoot the 20 first and pull the bullets if I need to adjust. The dillon worked well. Got a powder check die just to keep an eye on things.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gigabit I almost got the same trimmer you have but I have 200 virgin cases and no barrel to shoot my reloads through yet so I held off. I did some reloads today. I meant to do 20 and got carried away and did 50. I may only shoot the 20 first and pull the bullets if I need to adjust. The dillon worked well. Got a powder check die just to keep an eye on things.
fun and addicting isnt it? granted I just started not too long ago. I have reloaded >500. starting to figure out what I like and what I dont. my new rate limiting supply is now the powder. it was brass up until I bought 2k pieces of unfired 556 brass.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Its alot of fun. Im eyeing a nice set of dies and may get a digital scale this weekend. Try to replace what I have with the top of the line as I go along. Dies are next in line then case prep stuff.

·
Registered
88 Posts
omg reloading will take over your life. i have a single stage rcbs and ive reloaded over 5000 rounds with it. its A LOT of work but so fun! its crazy

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
I did enjoy a single stage. I can use my dillon 550 that way but like I mentioned I got carried away and before I knew it I had twice as much as I wanted. Still need to shoot them and see if I need to adjust

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
I got some benchmark and some 50 grain ballistic tip noslers to try out. I hear the coyotes out as I type this. Anyone have a recipe for me to try? Have some varget as well.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
No recipes for that load but I imagine you'll be getting to zing well past 3200fps from a 20" barrel.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Seems like a nasty tool against small game. It'll be in a 20" bbl speaking of which it is due to arrive from being cryo accurized any minute now. Ill post my findings on it soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts