ACR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I finally picked up an ACR, NY manufactured, even though it's now an unsupported platform and everything for it is unobtanium! Why you ask, well because I think it is the best looking piston rifle and I have always wanted one! Anyways it is coming into my FFL Saturday and I'm curious if there is anything I should look at off the bat when it comes in? The seller has already confirmed that the firing pin is titanium which should mean it's the update version, but I'm not sure about other problem areas I should look into.

I'm not sure how good of a deal it was but it comes with a 14.5" 1/7 barrel with a 51t aac blackout permanently attached and a spare 16" 1/9 barrel. Luckily for me I have a 762SD that will fit right on.

Once I get it and shoot it I'll post a few pictures, but I'm happy to finally be apart of the ACR club.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I bought my ACR, low serial number, in 2012 and have not had any issues. There are people on this forum who can sell or make parts for your rifle. For barrels you can pick up a used Bushmaster barrel assembly or have one made by Templar Precision or Marvin Pitts.

Bigdog owns Templar Precision and makes some better aftermarket parts, I have his extended bolt catch and it works great.

There is plenty of good information on here. I suggest start shooting and enjoy the rifle, they're great.

-Clemmer

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum.

I bought my ACR, low serial number, in 2012 and have not had any issues. There are people on this forum who can sell or make parts for your rifle. For barrels you can pick up a used Bushmaster barrel assembly or have one made by Templar Precision or Marvin Pitts.

Bigdog owns Templar Precision and makes some better aftermarket parts, I have his extended bolt catch and it works great.

There is plenty of good information on here. I suggest start shooting and enjoy the rifle, they're great.

-Clemmer
Thanks Clemmer,

I have been following Templar since I started searching for an ACR again. Hopefully in the near future he'll have a restock of safety cores so I can update the safety but im also looking at his non-QD Trunnion, and having him build me a 10.5" barrel with the gas system from my spare barrel if i can manage to find a pistol upper. Cant wait to get it out on the range, it has been a long time coming!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks Clemmer,

I have been following Templar since I started searching for an ACR again. Hopefully in the near future he'll have a restock of safety cores so I can update the safety but im also looking at his non-QD Trunnion, and having him build me a 10.5" barrel with the gas system from my spare barrel if i can manage to find a pistol upper. Cant wait to get it out on the range, it has been a long time coming!
Looks good, I like the handguard.

I'm having a 10.5" barrel made for mine and likely use a Templar handguard. I spoke to him the other day and he is still working on parts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i got her in my hands, came a bit dirty and wet as f$%&. So that gave me a reason to strip her down clean her up and apply a liberal amount of lube on moving parts. All I have to say is wow I love how easy disassembly is on these, the Piston was a little stuck but nothing major. here's a picture of a picture of the rifle with the Temp optic and my can:

Wood Gas Automotive tire Fixture Metal

Now I just need to figure out if I want to go SBR or pick up a pistol upper, then ill have to source the updated safety core and a templar g1 lower (b/c i really hate the stock grip), a geissele trigger then 1-6 PST Gen II in a C1 1.7" mount and i should be done....🤞🤞

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Made a little update to the rifle, traded off the MRO for a Vortex Viper PST gen II 1-6x in a Badger Ordnance C1 mount at the 1.7" height. Having had the OG gen 1 PST 1-4x and the Strike Eagle 1-6x i can say this scope has some great glass on it. ill have to compare it to my Leupold Mk 6 3-18 sometime to get a better idea, also the illuminated dot is crisp and bright for Daytime use! also picked up a BCM mod 3 grip that i use more as a handstop, but im kind of leaning more towards my old Arisaka finger indexer that i have on my AR which is way lower profile.

Automotive tire Gas Machine Wood Metal

also tossed on the OG Masada handguard which i still like and think looks great!
Wood Gas Machine Metal Flooring

·
Registered
165 Posts
I also like the original handguard and regret selling mine to another forum member. I saw a pic of a 12.5" barrel ACR with the polymer handguard and really liked the set up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts