ACR Forum banner

Finally got to put 180 rnds through my ACR

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  OverArmedNewb 
#1 ·
Since I am a novice, I took the NRA's Basic Rifle course today. Unfortunately for me, the range portion was at a local outdoor range and it was about 7 degrees outside. Thats why I was only able to put about 180 rounds through. When I am a member in two weeks I will definitely be doing a lot more. On the good news side, no issues at all. No FTF no FTE no double feeds no nothing but pop pop pop. When I turned on the Eotech at home I noticed that the reticle was way below where the front site was when co-witnessing so I had cranked down the forward site to match the Eotech prior to going to the range. The result? Using Federal XM193F from benchrest position and the Shooters Ridge sandbags to stabilize the gun they were all in the black circle at 50 yds. One click of the Eotech to the right and two down and they were zeroed. From standing and benchrest the result was about the same, nice groups with a bunch of bullseyes to boot. The instructor was impressed with the gun and was asking all kinds of questions about it. I told him how helpful the forum was and he said he would check it out. I was happy with both the gun and my performance. Tomorrow we go to an indoor range for pistol training, so it should be warm thank god. I will see if I am any good with the my Beretta 92FS. I am as happy as a pig in poop right now.

#2 ·
Excellent!!!

Always good to hear good fun reports, except for the 7 degrees!!! OUCH, I haven't seen that cold in 25 years, not even in a freezer. :)

Next thing you'll need is a magnifier to exercise that puppies legs at longer distance. When it warms up of course BRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

#4 ·
Guess I have nothing to complain about with the weather out here. I'm curious what the other students or the teacher for that matter thought about the ACR. The controls are very user friendly, and made for beginners and experts alike. You fired in an extreme temperature range, and was getting hits. Thats good training right there. Keep it up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.