ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my barrel back from ADCO after they chopped and threaded it to 14.125", recontoured the front to a lightweight profile, and permanently attached an AAC 51T Blackout flash suppressor. It is nearly "finished." The only things I have left to do to it are:

1) AAC 762SDN-6 Suppressor

2) Troy Battle Sights w HK front

3) 11.5" 300 Blackout barrel w carbine piston

4) extended rail if one is ever available

·
Registered
610 Posts
Looks great. Have you noticed a different feel in the front end weight department?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Nice rig. What are you using for cord management on your light?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Looks great. Have you noticed a different feel in the front end weight department?
It is a slight improvement to be sure, but not like a night and day difference. It was worth it to me. It may not be to a lot of people. Obviously in a perfect world we could simply get the barrel config we want at the time of purchase without spending $200+ after the fact, but we can hope that one day... I e-mailed Bushmaster and asked about barrels and they said they had to catch up with a backlog on production before they could consider additional barrel configurations. It's been over a year since the rifle has been out. I'm assuming they have made more barrels since the start. You would think they would have had Remington churning out something other than the 16.5" M4 config.

Nice rig. What are you using for cord management on your light?
Just some super thin zip ties through the slots in the handguard. It isn't tied down on the right side of the gun (only underneath and on the left side near the tape switch) but it hugs against the side of the handguard and there isn't much of any slack so there is little chance of it snagging.

Here's a pic, and you can see the small rubber O-rings I put on the sling mounts to make the handguard lockup nice and tight with no movement/play (not that there was much, but I like a nice solid feeling rifle).

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Definitely a nice setup. What sling are you hooking that fastex up to?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definitely a nice setup. What sling are you hooking that fastex up to?
Gear Sector.

http://jabtac.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_48&products_id=417

nice review here:

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?74-Gear-Sector-ASP-Single-Point-Sling-Review

I removed the MOE tape holder and tapeswitch though. The cord already had a short in it. Maybe in the future I'll get a surefire cap and tapeswitch. I really really liked it. I just couldn't trust the cheap switch and cap I bought. The cap works great though and is still on the light. I had to move it back to the left side though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice rifle! I hope to send my barrel to ADCO soon. Hopefully it will balance her out some. How do you like your LT660HK mount? I run a tall mount with standard Troy BUIS, but thought about getting the LT660HK with some Troy Micros.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks good, how do you like the flashhider?
It seems to work well enough. I never noticed a single flash when shooting with it. Recoil on the ACR is negligible. I mostly got it to mount a suppressor with it when I get an AAC 762SDN-6 in the future. It doesn't hurt that I find it aesthetically pleasing. I did not want a muzzle brake due to the increased noise and blast associated with them (had an AK brake on an AR-15 years ago and hated it). If I had an SBR around 10.5" or shorter I'd definitely get one of the muzzle brakes to help extend the life of the suppressor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
have you found anywhere that sells the 300 blk barrel? i've been extremely interested in getting one ever since i've heard of it but i can't find one for the acr anywhere.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Any lack of gas pressure issues? Mine has been cut to the same length with the same muzzle device and will be picked up and shot tomorrow.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm basically doing the same thing. I have the troy micros with the HK mount T-1 and love it. I need to cut my barrel though. Might look into how much money I can throw away considering next to no one has the barrel stock that I want. I have the FSC556 and if I were to pin and weld I think I might get the new AAC breakout 2.0. If anyone has one yet, let me know if it is worth the money. Mainly I want to know if it has the ringing/tuning fork effect problem like the blackout. Love the setup, considering it's basically my gun ;)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Well since this has been brought back to life, did you notice an improvement in accuracy with the 14.5" LW barrel? I was debating earlier whether improving the barrel on the ACR without getting rid of the QD trunnion would actually warrant noticeable results. LW barrels are known (at least on OBRs) to be 1/2 MOA barrels so it would be a decent test bed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts